• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Todd McShay seems to really like Anthony Richardson

Dorian Gray

I see the appeal in Stroud ever since the Georgia game, but I have been a lot more comfortable with the idea of staying at 9 or maybe moving up a spot or two if needed for AR, rather than moving up to the top 3. I would prefer taking AR and keeping all of our other picks to build out the rest of the roster, and with the change in defensive system, I feel we'll likely need it. I also feel with the coaching staff Reich has assembled, they likely can turn any of the rookies into the absolute best version of themselves, and AR has the most natural gifts and physical ability, so sky would be the limit. And I've felt this way before McShay's take...

As I've been saying, I wouldn't be mad at a move up for Stroud, but I would be 100% happy and content with staying put or relatively close to 9 and taking AR.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

25 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Ok, he won't be a starter. He may START a game, sure. But it's not his destiny. Is that more clear than "bust"? I don't think he's going to be a star. Simple as that. Others think he's the next multi-year MVP who will win trophy after trophy ... and that's their right to think that.

You keep leaving yourself a LOT of wiggle room. The list of QBs between guys who have started more than one game and guys who are multiple time MVP winners is extremely long. So you don't think he'll be a star. Cool. "Not a star" isn't the same thing as "bust". 

• Poo 1

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You keep leaving yourself a LOT of wiggle room. The list of QBs between guys who have started more than one game and guys who are multiple time MVP winners is extremely long. So you don't think he'll be a star. Cool. "Not a star" isn't the same thing as "bust". 

If he's not a starter that's a bust in my eyes. Backups are worthless. No wiggle room. I'll gladly leave if he has success in the NFL. I think he's the next Zach Wilson.

Name one other FL player form offensive that going to be drafted this yr.......and do it quickly.....OK now theres a understanding.

AR is my #2, being an upside sucker and AR is alllllll upside.

If Stroud doesnt make it to 9, I'd support AR there.....but I have a big doubt he will after the pro day and combine. He should put on a SHOW.

• Pie 1

I agree with McShay. Richardson could be a bust but his potential to be a QB in the mold of Newton/Hurts is hard to overlook.  I would not trade up for him but if he were at #9 I think we'll take a shot.

I personally don't think any of the 4 QBs are going to be there at #9.  I guess I will feel more comfortable when the free agent QBs find new teams.   Atlanta, Seattle, LV and possibly the Bears could screw up the whole thing by drafting a QB.