• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB options sorted in preference tiers

JawnyBlaze

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

poo on it all you want but if you can’t see the difference between Stroud, Young vs Corral.. Then honestly I don’t know what film or video your watching.. 

1. Productions isn’t even close

2. both played in a more pro systems then Corral..

3. Both are more accurate and throw with more anticipation..

4. Both make more plays off script then Corral ever did.. 

it’s not even close…

I mean the nfl pretty much told us what they think of corral last April.  

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

1. Trade up to #1 for Stroud

2. Trade up to #3 for Stroud or Young if either of them fall during the draft

3. Take Richardson at 9

4. Resign Sam and see if Frank can coach up Sam or Corral

5. Sign Carr, I have this at 5 because of his contract size, not because of his talent.

6. I don't want any of the other poo, no to trading for fields, no to trading for Jackson even though he's the best QB available, no to drafting Will Levis

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I mean the nfl pretty much told us what they think of corral last April.  

Show me a Corral pass where he throws a pass 30 yards over the middle between 3 defenders.. Where the Wr didn’t even make his break yet .. And I’ll give you Credit.. Because I’ve never seen it from Corral but I’ve seen it 10+ throws like that from stroud and young..

33 minutes ago, SaltAndPepper said:

Why do you hate Richardson so much

Richardson is a trap, just about all these QBs are a trap except MAYBE Stroud and Young but I still feel like one of them will be. 

Richardson has been hyped up way above what his actual level is. Look back at Fields and Jackson, they were criticized for their passing ability yet their college stats and reads are miles above AR. 

I’m a Gators fan, my whole family is. I have actually watched AR through the good and the bad. I’m telling you guys, he’s not it. Florida’s offense consisted of running the ball John Fox style and having AR throw it over the top. He can NOT make throws when he needs to make throws. 

The dude is getting hyped up just like Willis because he can run, he has a strong arm but he can’t read routes, and he has horrible ball placement.

• Pie 4

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

poo on it all you want but if you can’t see the difference between Stroud, Young vs Corral.. Then honestly I don’t know what film or video your watching.. 

1. Productions isn’t even close

2. both played in a more pro systems then Corral..

3. Both are more accurate and throw with more anticipation..

4. Both make more plays off script then Corral ever did.. 

it’s not even close…

People love saying “if you don’t see such and such, I don’t know what film you are watching.” 

It’s a cliche “dunk” attempt. 

It’s okay to have a different opinion, but only time will tell if Stroud/Young are worth a poo or not. 

Unfortunately you can’t get over the mystery of those two based on the superb talent that surrounded them. It makes it very hard to evaluate them as an individual. So things like “productions” is not as important as you think when evaluating these guys. 

Every OSU/Bama quarterback has “productions.” They are on the best teams every Saturday. 

I will say the Georgia game is encouraging for Stroud, but unfortunately neither of these guys had enough adversity in college for us to know they are worth the cost to trade up. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, tecc86 said:

6. I don't want any of the other poo, no to trading for fields, no to trading for Jackson even though he's the best QB available, no to drafting Will Levis

Im legit convinced people just don't like Lamar Jackson.

A 26 year old QB MVP candidate in the prime of his career and people suggesting Sam Darnold and Derek Carr is a better option than going after Lamar Jackson.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Biased against Corral. That’s fine but at least be honest. 

How many games did he miss in college because of injury?

How many games did he played injured and didn’t look great??

Or better yet just post the numbers..

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/matt-corral-1.html

compare to

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/cj-stroud-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/bryce-young-1.html

Are you serious????

You’re seriously comparing 
4 years Corral 57 tds 23 ints

to Young and Stroud going 
3 years 80 plus TDs 12 ints

Wtf!!

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im legit convinced people just don't like Lamar Jackson.

A 26 year old QB MVP candidate in the prime of his career and people suggesting Sam Darnold and Derek Carr is a better option than going after Lamar Jackson.

Makes far more logical sense giving up multiple 1sts for a proven like Lamar, than Young/Stroud who (and this should not be ignored) may have had their flaws hidden by blue chip surrounding talent.  

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

How many games did he played injured and didn’t look great??

Or better yet just post the numbers..

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/matt-corral-1.html

compare to

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/cj-stroud-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/bryce-young-1.html

Are you serious????

You’re seriously comparing 
4 years Corral 57 tds 23 ints

to Young and Stroud going 
3 years 80 plus TDs 12 ints

Wtf!!

College stats. Well I think I’m satisfied moving on. 

#1 choice 

- Get Stroud (no matter what it takes, I don't care)

#2 choice

- Young would be fine if we can't get Stroud.

Eh...sure, I guess

- Not a popular choice (massive understatement) I will make here but depending on whom we draft at QB (so I guess this section is attached to the #1 and #2 choices I mentioned), it would be imperative to sign a Vet QB to be the de-facto BRIDGE.    Now I have said Brissett is someone who can serve in that fashion but I am also thinking "So can Sam Darnold" who might be cheaper, though that's just my opinion, not fact.  Besides, I'm a proponent of continuity;  and Sam and DJ have a sort of chemistry going on.   Combine that with the acquisition of Josh McCown as QBs coach, and...well..you never know.   Perhaps we haven't seen the last of Sam Delusional just yet.  (I can just hear the teeth-gnashing of the usual suspects regarding this.  🙃)

(don't worry, teeth-gnashers.   I am not really feeling Sam being here anymore anyway so put away your pitch-forks.  😂 )

- Keep the 9th pick and take Levis/Richardson (and have the Bridge QB, whomever it is, give them time to get acclimated to the NFL before stepping aside).   Use the remaining picks that we haven't dealt, to acquire a WR, a Tight-End, a Defensive-end and so forth. 

Not a fan of it but I'll deal with it

- Sign Derek Carr and the reason I wouldn't like it is more because of the Price Tag attached than anything else.   If he came cheap, then he'd be a solid get but that 30 million price tag, though....meh..

That's a Nope for me, bud

- Trade for Lamar.    On the surface, it looks like he would be a difference-maker but is he really a difference-maker?  Plus, it would take a ton to acquire him.  "A ton" which the Panthers can't afford to give up at this point. 

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1