• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mock draft from April of last year

Cdparr7

9 hours ago, Luciu5 said:

If we had beaten Tampa this year, we'd be at 19 this year. You are saying if it wasn't for that one loss, we should be sticking with Sam Darnold?

Kinda different considering Darnold being a FA and a half ass coaching staff. But had Darnold not shitt the bed against Tampa and took us to the playoffs there would be a different perception about him. 

13 hours ago, stan786 said:

I'm curious who you have so high next year other than Maye and Williams. Penix, Daniels, Leary, Travis, Nix, and Ewers all have some pretty big question marks. Levis this time last year was more intriguing than all of them tbh. If Penix and Nix came out this year its pretty unlikely they would have been in the top 4 guys. I would have had Penix over Mckee and Hooker for sure though.

It usually who catches fire and there are several that could.  The problem with Levis is he took a step backwards.   Injuries happen, but he lost some weapons this past season.

Williams and Maye are the obvious ones, but Pennix, Ward, McCall, Leary, Reed, Ewers, Daniels, Nix, Travis, Van Dyke, Jefferson, Hartman, Ulagalelei, Armstrong, Jurkovec, Rogers, Gabriel, Rising, Mordicai, Rattler and so on and so on and so on. That's not even considering the first year starters taking over guys getting drafted this year, that could come out after one season.  It's deep and talented.  I'd take nearly any of those guys NOW over Mckee in this draft and he's generally considered QB5/6.  This draft was always light at the top, but several guys went back to school and gutted the middle rounds prospects.  Most of those guys are out of eligibility after this season; they have to come out.

If any of the transfers light it up with their new schools, their draft stock will skyrocket.  It's hard to say now how may 1st rounders will be projected, but I would venture it could be as high as 6 or 7. 

Patience grasshopper.

36 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

It usually who catches fire and there are several that could.  The problem with Levis is he took a step backwards.   Injuries happen, but he lost some weapons this past season.

Williams and Maye are the obvious ones, but Pennix, Ward, McCall, Leary, Reed, Ewers, Daniels, Nix, Travis, Van Dyke, Jefferson, Hartman, Ulagalelei, Armstrong, Jurkovec, Rogers, Gabriel, Rising, Mordicai, Rattler and so on and so on and so on. That's not even considering the first year starters taking over guys getting drafted this year, that could come out after one season.  It's deep and talented.  I'd take nearly any of those guys NOW over Mckee in this draft and he's generally considered QB5/6.  This draft was always light at the top, but several guys went back to school and gutted the middle rounds prospects.  Most of those guys are out of eligibility after this season; they have to come out.

If any of the transfers light it up with their new schools, their draft stock will skyrocket.  It's hard to say now how may 1st rounders will be projected, but I would venture it could be as high as 6 or 7. 

Patience grasshopper.

Yeah I understand there’s always people who pop up, I think you are discounting how often QBs take a step back as well. The class has two great QBs at the moment and a bunch of maybes.

I think you can see a guy or two break that into the first but it just seems way overly optimistic to assume there’s going to be that many first rounders based on what we know now. 

Don’t get me wrong a few guys are intriguing but other than the top two making plans around any of them is a massive risk.

21 hours ago, stan786 said:

Yeah I understand there’s always people who pop up, I think you are discounting how often QBs take a step back as well. The class has two great QBs at the moment and a bunch of maybes.

I think you can see a guy or two break that into the first but it just seems way overly optimistic to assume there’s going to be that many first rounders based on what we know now. 

Don’t get me wrong a few guys are intriguing but other than the top two making plans around any of them is a massive risk.

Outside of a generational QB, they are ALL risks.  If you follow the draft, usually it's the other way around--expectations are low for fringe QBs early on, one or two guys are hyped and then two, three or four more end up going in the first round (last year's crap class being an exception).

There is no generational QB this draft, thus each of them have several questions. Beyond Stroud and Young, Levis and Richardson are more bust than boom prospects.

19 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Outside of a generational QB, they are ALL risks.  If you follow the draft, usually it's the other way around--expectations are low for fringe QBs early on, one or two guys are hyped and then two, three or four more end up going in the first round (last year's crap class being an exception).

There is no generational QB this draft, thus each of them have several questions. Beyond Stroud and Young, Levis and Richardson are more bust than boom prospects.

Yes I follow the draft and I agree all QBs are risks. This class is probably very similar to next years class and most general classes. There have been 2 generational prospects in the past decade or so Luck and Lawrence. Caleb isnt generational yet and Maye has a lot to prove. End of the day Levis and Richardson probably slot in at the front end of that second QB group next year pretty easily at this point. Constantly waiting for a Generational Prospect isnt something that happens generally you are going to have to pick someone with risks.

• Beer 1