• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Statistical Analysis of Signing Carr vs. Trading for L. Jackson

MHS831

18 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

No im looking at a franchise QB.

I want one either draft or via trade.

What im totally against is bridge QB. 

Bridge QB's are just that. QB's that are good enough to get you time to go after a franchise QB. At some point we have to trade to get a franchise QB. I don't know why people don't understand this. If you want Carr just know what we are getting.

2 years from now, you have Lamar and no DJ because you couldn't pay his contract, a bunch of no name WRs and no way get them because your picks are in Baltimore and over half your cap is tied up in Moton, Burns, Horn, Ickey, Bozeman, Chinn, and LJ. The other 100m or so is going to be needed for whatever 46 players you can get. Franchise QB, same situation. 

Trading for LJ is a win it all now move and this team isn't win it all now ready. I'm not advocating for Carr. I'm just saying I think it would be harder to build a multi year SB contender than you think 

• Pie 3

4 hours ago, MHS831 said:

The inside source is a Raider player, and he likes Carr.  He said that some of the players are not responsive to his kind of leadership--so you are right.  He said he rubs people the wrong way--Source said--at times he is like a less offensive, watered down Russell Wilson--may have been a joke. Actually, the person who told me that was not the player but his Dad.  I think it is the religion--but not sure.  I did not throw Carr under the bus by any means...You are correct in the way Carr handled one situation very well.

No doubt, and appreciate you sharing.  Also, did not intend to come off as attacking or hostile in anyway.  That was not my intent at all...  just wanted to clarify bc I know it's hard to interpret intentions or tone through text.  Also, I meant to say "understating" not "understanding" his leadership in the original post.  Damn autocorrect.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

2 years from now, you have Lamar and no DJ because you couldn't pay his contract, a bunch of no name WRs and no way get them because your picks are in Baltimore and over half your cap is tied up in Moton, Burns, Horn, Ickey, Bozeman, Chinn, and LJ. The other 100m or so is going to be needed for whatever 46 players you can get. Franchise QB, same situation. 

Trading for LJ is a win it all now move and this team isn't win it all now ready. I'm not advocating for Carr. I'm just saying I think it would be harder to build a multi year SB contender than you think 

He doesn't get it.

He thinks having Jackson means you automatically win it all, even though that hasn't happened in Baltimore either.

Basically, he just wants Jackson here and no amount of real world logic or thinking will deter him.

• Pie 5

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

He doesn't get it.

He thinks having Jackson means you automatically win it all, even though that hasn't happened in Baltimore either.

Basically, he just wants Jackson here and no amount of real world logic or thinking will deter him.

There are arguments that go both ways. Let's not forget that. Baltimore has really done a piss-poor job of surrounding Jackson with weapons, and all the poor-mouthing by Panthers fans won't help us win a chip. The salary cap increases every year. 

Edited by top dawg

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

Sure, then we'll actually see what they actually accomplish.

I'm not sure how on Earth you can compare Jimmy's numbers to Carr's and not come away with the Conclusion that Carr is the superior QB in almost every way.

Jimmy has played in San Fran for a long time....well....he's been there a long time, and played some games for them.  The same team that started 4 QB's last year, and made Mr. Irrelevant relevant.

Systems do matter, supporting staffs to matter, coaching REALLY matters.  Kyle can make you or I look like Brad Johnson, and that's about what I think Jimmy G would be...if he could stay on the field.

• Pie 2

Jackson and the Ravens are reportedly $100 million apart in contract negotiations, which could result in the team franchise tagging him for 2023. King also notes that if the Ravens do tag Jackson, they may opt for the non-exclusive franchise tag, which would allow other teams to negotiate a deal with Jackson in exchange for two first-round draft picks should the Ravens not match the offer.

23 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Jackson and the Ravens are reportedly $100 million apart in contract negotiations, which could result in the team franchise tagging him for 2023. King also notes that if the Ravens do tag Jackson, they may opt for the non-exclusive franchise tag, which would allow other teams to negotiate a deal with Jackson in exchange for two first-round draft picks should the Ravens not match the offer.

No way in hell would I pay the kind of guaranteed money he's asking for a guy that's missed as many games as he has the last few seasons.

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

i've thought all along that this would be the route they take and this might be the only way something happens. Jackson not having an agent is going to make it difficult for anything to get done otherwise.

• Pie 1