• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Around the league

Mr. Scot

23 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

I don’t know why. I think in ~1.5 years, Bears fans will be wishing they traded Fields for picks and selected Young. 

Young is far from a sure thing as well. He is a great QB, but his size would make him a huge outlier in the realm of successful QBs. There is no Burrow/Luck/Lawrence in this draft so no need to ditch a young QB flashing potential for another question mark. Especially not when they have so many other needs…

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Young is far from a sure thing as well. He is a great QB, but his size would make him a huge outlier in the realm of successful QBs. There is no Burrow/Luck/Lawrence in this draft so no need to ditch a young QB flashing potential for another question mark. Especially not when they have so many other needs…

^^^Bingo.  Also why I am against moving up as well.  If a QB falls to #9, then take a swing if they want to, but losing draft capital (all of it which we need) for the next two drafts when it's not for a Burrow/Luck/Lawrence-type QB is a losing proposition to me.

• Pie 4

7 hours ago, 45catfan said:

^^^Bingo.  Also why I am against moving up as well.  If a QB falls to #9, then take a swing if they want to, but losing draft capital (all of it which we need) for the next two drafts when it's not for a Burrow/Luck/Lawrence-type QB is a losing proposition to me.

This is where I am. Sign Brissett and draft Levis at 9 if he falls or draft Hooker  in the 2nd

• Pie 4

44 minutes ago, stbugs said:

SMH, one day we’ll be lucky at the draft again. Feels like we are always a dollar short. One pick away from having Herbert. One loss away from being in position to get an offer of 3 1sts and a 3rd for Lance. Getting the 1st overall offensive player in a draft where QB prospects are as bad as the EJ Manuel year.

This year, with likely 4 first round QBs and we are 5th among teams looking for QBs. Oh well, at least we feel better about the staff.

As much as I liked the staff, which I am keeping my expectations in check until they actually coach a game. 
I will keep my expectations for the panthers the same as last offseason/season…low. 

11 hours ago, stbugs said:

What’s the point of Brissett? He’s just another Teddy, Sam or Baker that we already know cannot lead us to playoff wins. Start the rookie or let Corrall compete. Wasting FA dollars makes no sense. Let the rookie/2nd year have the growing pains. Cincinnati didn’t explode with Burrow year 1, so they turned that into Jamar Chase and playoffs year 2. Lawrence didn’t explode year 1 and they got the top pick again and made the playoffs year 2. Don’t blow cap space and that good pick you get with QB growing pains for a QB that A) cannot win us a championship and B) we already want to replace. 

So you are ok on entering the season with 3 QBs that have never started an NFL game and 2 of those never taken a regular season snap and no one to mentor?

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

When you draft the Christian Laettner/Grayson Allen of football, you gotta know that’s what you will get. A douche that intentionally tries to hurt defensive players.

Have been trying to tell people on here about him from day one. Not nearly as good as he thinks he is. D-bag is a good fit for personality. Physically limited. League adjusted over 2nd half of rookie year. Force him to throw the ball downfield and his arm talent will create INTs. 

7 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Yes. What does Brissett do for us?

Simple question, are we a playoff team with Brissett? I’m not talking maybe our division winner will be 8-9 again, I’m talking a 10 win season where we could win a playoff game.

The answer is a resounding no. The only reason why we were even in the Cleveland game this past season was because Brissett was so bad at passing that he ended drives where they could have run easily for first downs all the way to the end zone. Brissett’s ceiling is Teddy’s year with us.

Our future is with a rookie or Corral magically developing. Let them play even if they don’t play well. Would Jacksonville be a better team right now if they started a vet over Lawrence? I know Pederson is way better than Meyer, but that year of experience and getting used to the NFL was necessary. If we are taking a QB top 10, he needs reps. We aren’t a multi-year playoff team like KC was with Alex Smith where they didn’t need Mahomes year 1 to be a contender. We haven’t had a winning season in 5 years. We have no need for a new bridge.

Lawrence had Minshew as a mentor. Who would our rookie QB have?

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

When you draft the Christian Laettner/Grayson Allen of football, you gotta know that’s what you will get. A douche that intentionally tries to hurt defensive players.

After seeing what Mac Jones tried to do to multiple defensive players, including our own Brian Burns, a rougher the passer penalty in the “Kris Jenkins spleen crush hit” mode would be not only worth it but totally justified.

Sorry I’m not usually this morbid but Jones is a total POS for dirty play. Should be putting that energy into becoming a better QB.

Edited by Prowler2k18