• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Final draft position

raleigh-panther

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

The poster was quoting other huddlers  who always say ‘next years qb draft is the greatest ever‘ until the year gets here 

kinda like every GM the Panthers have ever had ‘next year we are out of salary cap jail and we can do soooooo much more’ 

Edited by raleigh-panther

2 hours ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

This x100...

I think the only sure fire stud at QB next year is Caleb Williams. Haven't seen enough of Penix (Pac 12 defenses are garbage) and saw a lot out of Drake Maye in the back half of the season that makes me worry about his NFL success.

Not saying we should mortgage the future for a QB this draft, but we will be saying the same thing about the 2024 draft - "this class of QBs is overrated, wait until next year". Rinse and repeat for 20 years and you are stuck with a cycle of QBs including Teddy 2 Gloves, Sam, Baker, etc.

If the Colts take Levis instead of Stroud, you absolutely trade up and get Stroud.

UNC went 9-5. Without Drake Maye, likely 3-9. Nearly everyone who watched every game, which I did, says the same. He has all the tools. What he lacks is an offensive line and a coaching staff. Dropping in the draft next year won't happen.

• Pie 2