• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching Interview Thread IV: A New Hope

Ricky Spanish

2 minutes ago, ickmule said:

No way to know if Wilks would have us at mediocrity. He was never given a fighting chance at HC. I will be here to say I told you so when Reich flops and to eat crow if he doesn’t, but I’ve been around the block long enough to know his style and personality won’t last long term. Wilks did extremely well with the hand he was dealt and 1000% deserves a shot. Anything less than HC and I expect him to walk away.  If he doesn’t I lose a lot of respect for him.  

They both could flop who knows. I'm not extremely thrilled with either but Reich brings a shift in philosophy. And for all the positives some offer on behalf of Wilks he had the job in front of him and absolutely nothing to lose yet he showed us he is conservative to a fault with the playoffs on the line. I like him personally but count me as a firm no on another round of a stubborn defensive minded head coach. Rivera will be available next year if that's all your after.

6 minutes ago, ickmule said:

No way to know if Wilks would have us at mediocrity. He was never given a fighting chance at HC. I will be here to say I told you so when Reich flops and to eat crow if he doesn’t, but I’ve been around the block long enough to know his style and personality won’t last long term. Wilks did extremely well with the hand he was dealt and 1000% deserves a shot. Anything less than HC and I expect him to walk away.  If he doesn’t I lose a lot of respect for him.  

This is a multi billion dollar organization. There's no "deserves a shot", I'm so tired of hearing that. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Lies 

Same source that told me Matt Ryan was furious at the falcons before the Watson speculation and was demanding a trade long before it was reported. And the one that told me Michael Oher has permanent brain damage. But like I said he’s not always right 

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, ickmule said:

We don’t know it would be Holcomb. 

If it were up to Wilks, I'd expect it to be Holcomb.

If it weren't left up to Wilks, I'd pivot back to the question someone else asked: Why would you hire a guy you don't trust to choose his own staff?

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

10 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

After 4 threads of this.... ive come to terms on how to sum up the threads....

People on the huddle's expected job interview approach:

Candidate 1
Q: Do you know how to lead men and drive to key objectives and goals?
A: Yes, here is an example.....

Q: Do you have a plan in place for how we can regain the division and create a perennial winner attitude for the Carolina Panthers?
A: Yes, here is an example....

Q: Do you go for it on 4th downs?
A: Depends on the situation.

No job for you sir.

Candidate 2
Q: Do you know how to lead men and drive to key objectives and goals?
A: I might but I really need to dive in more.

Q: Do you have a plan in place for how we can regain the division and create a perennial winner attitude for the Carolina Panther?
A: It will take time and I need 5 years commitment to do that

Q: Do you go for it on 4th downs?
A: Yes.

YOU ARE HIRED!

Think About It GIF by Identity

You forgot to ask their age.

Under 40, creative, loves offense, and aggressive!  Huddle rejoice! 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, hepcat said:

A little birdie told me that they’re gonna interview either Kafka or Dorsey again but I can’t verify that 

Ellis mentioned hearing they hadn't been especially impressed with Kafka.

Dorsey too, but I could see him having an advocate in the building (Morgan).

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im not really concerned about who we hire at coach. None of that will matter if we don't get a QB.

Our main focus should be making a trade for a franchise QB either through the draft or making a run at Lamar Jackson or Aaron Rodgers.

This team isn't going anywhere without a franchise QB.

Hell no to giving up what it would cost to trade for either of those guys (especially Rodgers)

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Ellis mentioned hearing they hadn't been especially impressed with Kafka.

Dorsey too, but I could see him having an advocate in the building (Morgan).

I think it’s Dorsey because of the team connection but he told me it could be either. 

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im not really concerned about who we hire at coach. None of that will matter if we don't get a QB.

Our main focus should be making a trade for a franchise QB either through the draft or making a run at Lamar Jackson or Aaron Rodgers.

This team isn't going anywhere without a franchise QB.

Please no Rodgers...  He looks like a shell of himself and has one foot out the door already.  Also sometimes the right coach can mold a young QB into a franchise QB.  

• Pie 1