• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching Interviews: Round Two

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Panthercougar68 said:

It’s funny some compare Reich to being conservative and lax when he goes for 4th down quite often and is kinda ballsy lol 

People are rightfully scared off by the rotating door of retread qbs under reich. I understand Luck retiring weeks before the season was fuged. It’s exactly the same poo we’ve been dealing with since Cam got cut. Fair or not there is a fear that he will take a “conservative” approach to getting a retread qb that’s “solid” instead of taking the chance on a top 10 pick. 

19 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Yep and he was actually pretty respectable for Cleveland - better than Watson at least. Put up 2,600 yards, 12 TDs, 6 INTs in 12 games.

Honestly I would rather have Darnold back if the choice is between those 2.  Sam looked like an honest to goodness functional NFL QB at the end of the year

Just now, tukafan21 said:

I'm not calling him or his play calling conservative, I'm calling the hire conservative, it's called a metaphor.

At best he feels like the hire to help turn our franchise into a solid squad, not the one that can lead us to being legit SB contenders.

I'd rather take more of a risk on someone like Steichen, "bad interview" be damned, than go with Reich who feels like a re-tread with minimal upside.

You do realize Reich was Literally Steichen not 5 years ago. Difference is, Steichen hasn’t won the Super Bowl yet like Reich

• Pie 4

5 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

It’s funny some compare Reich to being conservative and lax when he goes for 4th down quite often and is kinda ballsy lol 

I’m telling ya, he’s getting lazy boomer stereotypes thrown on him because he’s 61 and not in his 30’s. 

Same with Wilks because he’s not young and he’s a DC. Wilks went for, and converted more 4th downs than our opponents did. 

Reich is the offensive mind everyone wants but has gray hair. OH NO!

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

My thought going into this coaching search was that I didn't give a sh-t if they were bold or if they played it safe as long as they were smart.

Time will tell if it's the case, but I kind of feel like they have been.

You can definitely tell that Tepper course corrected this time, which is good. Even if he ends up correcting too much.