• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pantherj Mock Draft(s)

pantherj

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I like the WRs in the 2, 3 and even til 5th rounds have a couple sleepers. No cream and no #1s......the mid #2s level, slot have a few too. 

But is that what you what to give a rookie QB?? I want to land JSN if the cost is low to move up.... Thats the dream pair and dont care if it cost the late 3rd.....

IMO the class has the best value form mid2- late 5

I could easily get JSN in the simulation, but the fans would give me hell for unrealistic trading. In the sim I could trade down from one and use that ammo to draft a badass WR, but I have a feeling we're not going to be able to do that. In the real world I'm expecting a free agent WR to be signed soon, or some kind of trade.

11 minutes ago, pantherj said:

I could easily get JSN in the simulation, but the fans would give me hell for unrealistic trading. In the sim I could trade down from one and use that ammo to draft a badass WR, but I have a feeling we're not going to be able to do that. In the real world I'm expecting a free agent WR to be signed soon, or some kind of trade.

I get the fan hate, just if the move is form 39th to 33 or whatever....the cost could be a 4th and get a 7th back as well. Its not that pricey to me. Its special to pull that off, along with giving your rookie someone who already caught passes in big games. 

1155157204_Screenshot2023-03-139_16_24PM.thumb.png.6cae88b801292b846121df0c313553c5.png

Here are the picks the Panthers currently own in the 2023 NFL Draft:
  • Round 1, pick 1 (1st overall)
  • Round 2, pick 8 (39th overall)
  • Round 3, pick 30 (93rd overall)
  • Round 4, pick 12 (114th overall)
  • Round 4, pick 30 (132nd overall)
  • Round 5, pick 10 (145th overall)
Edited by Basbear

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I get the fan hate, just if the move is form 39th to 33 or whatever....the cost could be a 4th and get a 7th back as well. Its not that pricey to me. Its special to pull that off, along with giving your rookie someone who already caught passes in big games. 

1155157204_Screenshot2023-03-139_16_24PM.thumb.png.6cae88b801292b846121df0c313553c5.png

I'm not saying that I would make this trade, or that AZ would do this at all, but in the sims JSN is an easy get.

pff_mock_results(1).thumb.png.3370b1bfaa846018620117e42dbf4f5e.png

• Pie 1

Just now, pantherj said:

I'm not saying that I would make this trade, or that AZ would do this at all, but in the sims JSN is an easy get.

pff_mock_results(1).thumb.png.3370b1bfaa846018620117e42dbf4f5e.png

Man I cannot do those crazy trades, I mean its harder to know what is in fact "crazy"..... But its all in fun. i know even now if I get some insane unlikely trade offer, i just reject cause it ruins the fun for me. 

PFN is a joke with them same for mock database. Then my old school one fanspeak doesnt offer any...

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

Man I cannot do those crazy trades, I mean its harder to know what is in fact "crazy"..... But its all in fun. i know even now if I get some insane unlikely trade offer, i just reject cause it ruins the fun for me. 

PFN is a joke with them same for mock database. Then my old school one fanspeak doesnt offer any...

At one point mock draft db broke and I could get as many future picks as I wanted on any trade. I don't think there is a really good sim, but it does help me get any idea of who might be on the board when we pick, and who I would want as a fan. Otherwise I'd be scratching my head on draft draft day after about the second round.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

We certainly have the ammo to realistically get JSN and whichever QB we want.

Thats why it has my attention, even most have JSN around 20-40...... if all it takes is the early 114 (4th) and 39 for 33rd and 7th rounder........ why wouldnt you do that?? I could not turn that down...

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

Thats why it has my attention, even most have JSN around 20-40...... if all it takes is the early 114 (4th) and 39 for 33rd and 7th rounder........ why wouldnt you do that?? I could not turn that down...

When you look at this group of WRs I think teams are going to push the panic button and WRs are going to start flying of the board in the 1st round. I would say JSN is not going to make it close to 40, but if he did I think a lot of teams would get on the phone. If we got him in say the 30s I'd be thrilled.

11 minutes ago, pantherj said:

When you look at this group of WRs I think teams are going to push the panic button and WRs are going to start flying of the board in the 1st round. I would say JSN is not going to make it close to 40, but if he did I think a lot of teams would get on the phone. If we got him in say the 30s I'd be thrilled.

I think around 8-10 WRs fly off starting form 10-38. Hence why I feel panthers may be forced to move up, just like wanting a QB.....it maybe the only way. WR market is insane and memeber this past draft??.....poor green bay. 

great TEs should be around 39th too...

Edited by Basbear
  • Beer 1