• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Coach Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Ricky Spanish

Just now, therealmjl said:

@ladypantherhow's this:

Tepper: Wilks, we interviewed 20 candidates because we weren't sold on you. After careful consideration (and the fact that our top 3-4 choices decided to either stick with their current team or declined the position), we'd like to offer you the job. 4 year deal? Do we have a deal?

Wilks: Yes!

😂😂😂

Couldn’t help but chuckle at this one. Wilks understands the game. He’s rightfully giving this process time to play out. If not, he doesn’t deserve to be a HC.

Just more of players/coaches not wanting to come here because they want to win. That’s why you see this locker room fighting for Wilks hiring. They’re the players that put $ over winning and want to keep the gravy train rolling while putting in low effort. 

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, RJK said:

Just more of players/coaches not wanting to come here because they want to win. That’s why you see this locker room fighting for Wilks hiring. They’re the players that put $ over winning and want to keep the gravy train rolling while putting in low effort. 

Haha yep. Shaq Thompson, the gravy train conductor....all aboard!!!!

Edited by therealmjl
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Growl said:

imagine hiring a coach that everyone had a chance to interview and no one did

I don't know that anybody else interviewed Andy Reid when he got the Eagles job. He wasn't even a coordinator at the time. Hell, I'm not sure anybody besides them interviewed Sirianni last year either.

If there's one thing the Eagles have shown they know how to do, it's hiring head coaches.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I don't know that anybody else interviewed Andy Reid when he got the Eagles job. He wasn't even a coordinator at the time. Hell, I'm not sure anybody besides them interviewed Sirianni last year either.

If there's one thing the Eagles have shown they know how to do, it's hiring head coaches.

and if there's one thing we have shown we aren't very good at under this ownership, it's hiring head coaches

Just now, therealmjl said:

and if there's one thing we have shown we aren't very good at under this ownership, it's hiring head coaches

This ownership has technically only hired one, and that was under the guidance of Marty Hurney and Steven Drummond.

At least this time, there are some actual football people helping guide the search.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

ESPN's Nick Wagoner reports 49ers DC DeMeco Ryans will not interview for the Panthers' head coaching vacancy after the two sides were unable to arrange a time for an interview.

The Panthers are officially on to their second round of coaching interviews. Unfortunately for them, it won't include Ryans, as the two sides were unable to schedule an interview during the open window period last week. Ryans has arguably been the most coveted head coaching candidate on the market this offseason, but he and the 49ers are also in the middle of a playoff run. With limited time to speak to prospective teams due to league rules, the 49ers' defensive coordinator has only met with the Broncos and Texans thus far but is also expected to meet with the Colts and Cardinals.

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

No one ever heard of Sirianni either. I believe he was a reluctant play caller with the Colts - does anyone even know what his official title was?

Zac Taylor was more well known but again did anyone foresee him leading the Bengals to this level of success?

Trust the process

Edited by Prowler2k18
  • Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well, now wait a second.  Chip Kelly would like to say something here.