• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: Russell Wilson has contacted Sean Payton, wants him as Broncos coach

WarPanthers89

Serious question....

Broncos front office had permission to interview Payton, but is it legal for players like Wilson to reach out to a Coach still under contract? Is that not tampering in some form? 

I don't care if they hire Payton, but I would to see them docked more picks for tampering too, f*** the Broncos forever 

• Pie 1

Just now, TheProcess said:

Serious question....

Broncos front office had permission to interview Payton, but is it legal for players like Wilson to reach out to a Coach still under contract? Is that not tampering in some form? 

I don't care if they hire Payton, but I would to see them docked more picks for tampering too, f*** the Broncos forever 

I read somewhere that he had done it in compliance with the rules.

• Pie 2

38 minutes ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

Denver:Superbowl Winning QB

Carolina:Sam Darnold 

Which one would bring you back into coaching , after a decade with a future HOF QB in Drew Brees 

We are not getting Payton

Apparently when the saints were “in the Russell Wilson” sweepstakes, they never placed a trade offer because Payton didn’t want him.

The irony here is that for the last several years, Russell Wilson has been demanding more say when it comes to scheme selection, personnel choices and coaching staff decisions.  Of all the coaches the Broncos could hire, Sean Payton is the least likely of all of them to welcome Russell's input.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 2

Sean, come to a team with a late first this year (which would go to the Saints) and no second, no first or second next year.  $160m salary is guaranteed to a 35-year old short qb with a 2022 QB rating of 37.0  (ranked 27th in the league).  The other QBs in the division: Herbert and Mahomes--and maybe Carr.  

Russell Salary and poor performance + no draft picks + elite competition at QB in the division.  Sounds too good to be true.

Denver Broncos Football GIF by Broncos

Edited by MHS831
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Sean, come to a team with a late first this year (which would go to the Saints) and no second, no first or second next year.  $160m salary is guaranteed to a 35-year old short qb with a 2022 QB rating of 37.0  (ranked 27th in the league).  The other QBs in the division: Herbert and Mahomes--and maybe Carr.  

Russell Salary and poor performance + no draft picks + elite competition at QB in the division.  Sounds too good to be true.

After looking at that, I bet it is Panthers or bust for Payton this year. He’d be better off waiting if we don’t hire him. 

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

/cdn-cgi/mirage/8fde5dca59f25768fa42caeef5a6e6e8800846482a7b4eaab6ee7942318b673f/1280/https://media3.giphy.com/media/IjnNTROPE6HlmlZjG5/200.gif

Don’t they have their first in the 2024 draft?