• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Florida QB commit Jaden Rashada files for release from his commitment after $13 Million NIL deal falls through

jayboogieman

On 1/18/2023 at 7:00 PM, Tbe said:

I can’t wait until some ‘3rd tier’ school somewhere saves booster money for 10 years and then cashes it all in at once for all the top recruits.

Or some billionaire alum from some random school is just like, "fug it, I'm about to buy my alma mater a championship just because I fuging can." 😂

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Or some billionaire alum from some random school is just like, "fug it, I'm about to buy my alma mater a championship just because I fuging can." 😂

Doesn’t have to be one guy. 

What if some corp thinks it would be great if all the starters on a natty winning team repped their stuff? They pick a school, giv’em $100 mill, and buy the best team money can buy. 

Going a step further, players could band together and sell their services as a group.

The possibilities are endless.

• Beer 1

17 hours ago, Tbe said:

It’s all legal. Unlike real bribes and money laundering.

Pay for play is here for good. 

So you don’t think a QB recruit randomly withdrawing from a school because a $14 million NIL agreement is shady AF? 

it certainly looks like he is for sale, which is odd because schools are not supposed to offer NIL deals 

I think there is a slight chance they could regulate it:

1. You can't sign an NIL until you are attending the school and are on the team.

2. Once you are, lawyers comb any NIL to make sure it is just for the school/media/ads using your image as a player for that school.

3. You can make whatever is offered.

In other words, not an SMU or Miami situation. The local BMW dealership can't just give you a car unless you do commercials for them.

Right now, what is being given to guys like the Florida QB is not an NIL. It's a pay to play, as others have said. I keep bringing up that gymnast. She did NIL correctly. She said if you want to exploit my body, you have to pay me. Now she has around $11 million.

I know it's all impossible, as someone will always whisper promises into a recruits ears, but if something isn't done, college sports is dead. Like Tbe said ... you're going to have Super Teams like in the NBA. I could see all the IMG Academy kids going to go to one program together.

I'm sorry, I know in certain political circles, we feel these kids are being used. But NO teen deserves to be a multi millionaire just because a school is using his skillset and pictures to sell tickets.

Meanwhile, the latest gymnastics meet where that girl goes to had to be postponed or something like that because dozens of horny males showed up to gawk and cheer at her lolololololol.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I think there is a slight chance they could regulate it:

1. You can't sign an NIL until you are attending the school and are on the team.

2. Once you are, lawyers comb any NIL to make sure it is just for the school/media/ads using your image as a player for that school.

3. You can make whatever is offered.

In other words, not an SMU or Miami situation. The local BMW dealership can't just give you a car unless you do commercials for them.

Right now, what is being given to guys like the Florida QB is not an NIL. It's a pay to play, as others have said. I keep bringing up that gymnast. She did NIL correctly. She said if you want to exploit my body, you have to pay me. Now she has around $11 million.

I know it's all impossible, as someone will always whisper promises into a recruits ears, but if something isn't done, college sports is dead. Like Tbe said ... you're going to have Super Teams like in the NBA. I could see all the IMG Academy kids going to go to one program together.

I'm sorry, I know in certain political circles, we feel these kids are being used. But NO teen deserves to be a multi millionaire just because a school is using his skillset and pictures to sell tickets.

Meanwhile, the latest gymnastics meet where that girl goes to had to be postponed or something like that because dozens of horny males showed up to gawk and cheer at her lolololololol.

One thing that needs to be done is ALL NIL deals have to be made public. Complete transparency. 

• Pie 1

53 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

So you don’t think a QB recruit randomly withdrawing from a school because a $14 million NIL agreement is shady AF? 

it certainly looks like he is for sale, which is odd because schools are not supposed to offer NIL deals 

What’s shady about it? The school isn’t doing it.

Boosters are allowed to offer NIL deals. Students will naturally make decisions based on those offers. If that offer goes away, the student will naturally look elsewhere. 

Yes, all of these ‘students’ are now for sale.

When so many of these kids come from disadvantaged backgrounds, money will always be the main thing.

11 minutes ago, Tbe said:

What’s shady about it? The school isn’t doing it.

Boosters are allowed to offer NIL deals. Students will naturally make decisions based on those offers. If that offer goes away, the student will naturally look elsewhere. 

Yes, all of these ‘students’ are now for sale.

When so many of these kids come from disadvantaged backgrounds, money will always be the main thing.

You know damn well the schools are behind a majority of the NIL deals. 

5 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

You know damn well the schools are behind a majority of the NIL deals. 

I’m sure they are, and that should be punished when proven.

Either way, kids will make decisions based on how much they can get. They will go somewhere else if a deal falls through or something Better pops ups.

As soon as they introduced money into the equation, it was always going to be about the money.

Even if players can’t sign deals until after they join the team, kids will still choose schools with the reputation of boosters giving big deals.

A pay for play system is always going to be here in some form. There is no way you can get these young kids from poor backgrounds to not prioritize that.