• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I Think it Should Be Wilks...

SetfreexX

17 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

How do you win big games regularly without a ''big game'' QB. 

Name a team that wins big games regularly and consistently without one of the better QBs...

Literally we were working with some of the worst options. 

What kind of unrealistic expectations did you guys have for Baker, or Sam...?

I mean damn, he went .500 with essentially no QB, and a limited defense. 

So why isn’t he being pursued elsewhere? Possibly because he’s average at best? Conservative? Defense looked like poo after he took over? I could go on. 

Literally nobody wants Steve Wilks except for you and like 2 other guys on this board. 

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

Name a team that wins big games regularly and consistently without one of the better QBs...

San Fran. On their 3rd string QB this year and he's playing like a seasoned veteran QB and has won them a playoff game. He has a HC that knows what his strengths and weaknesses are and has designed a game plan around that. You think he'd be playing like that under Wilks?

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

33 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

I would honestly like to know what Wilks’s offensive game plan is. Probably will never know but would love to hear what it is. Also if he got the job, which coaches does he keep 

His plan is Ball control offense. Play not to lose. Win time of possession. Limit missed opportunities. Sit on a lead instead of scoring more allowing the other team to get back in the game. No adjustments because his “gameplan” will work, darn it, even if it is obvious it isn’t working. 
Make it to the playoffs every even year instead of odd under Rivera. Gotta change it up. 
But because he is a former interim he will probably never make a Super Bowl. Since only one former interim has made it, Jeff Fisher, back in the 90s. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

11 hours ago, SetfreexX said:

I’m hearing ya about we need a big time QB the thing is they don’t come out that way they need to be developed. I personally don’t believe Wilks has the skill level to oversee one’s development 

10 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Do people realize that we are a playoff team if we have Wilks the entire season?

He had to clean up the poo Rhule left behind.

Keep Wilks just get a OC on the open market to pair with him. Wilks is a leader of men.

Tampa Bay finished 8-9, was a playoff team, and got embarrassed. Getting to the playoffs doesn't mean you're actually good. And we had an opportunity to go to the playoffs. We had to beat TB and Pitts and we looked like we hadn't even practiced. We beat the teams weak against the run and had no offensive game plan for the teams that were. 

• Flames 1

Just now, Killah_Ray said:

Legit nobody has anything positive to bring to the table other than this “leader of men” nonsense…

these are professional players, this is their job they can get up off their ass and play for whoever is coaching them if they’d like to still get paid…

"Leader of men" and scheming vs a nfl coach like Mcvay are 2 entirely completely different things.

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Do people realize that we are a playoff team if we have Wilks the entire season?

He had to clean up the poo Rhule left behind.

Keep Wilks just get a OC on the open market to pair with him. Wilks is a leader of men.

Yeah we stumble into the playoffs and get demolished by a good team like the Bucs did. We would just have a worse draft pick basically…

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah we stumble into the playoffs and get demolished by a good team like the Bucs did. We would just have a worse draft pick basically…

So you fire the coach who actually got us out of the shithole we where in with Rhule?

Based on your quote Wilks should have never been a candidate to begin with...

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

So you fire the coach who actually got us out of the shithole we where in with Rhule?

Based on your quote Wilks should have never been a candidate to begin with...

I think he is an average HC who can beat bad teams with a simple game plan.  He won't out scheme or out coach anyone, but he will have his team playing sound somewhat discipline football.  If we are wanting some to right the ship and keep us respectable/average like Rivera did, then he is your guy.  If we want to swing for a guy that will make us constant contenders and develop a young QB then look elsewhere.  

IF he can land a great OC we could look decent, but that OC will get plucked away in an offseason or two.  Wilks seems like a great person (just like Rivera), but I don't think he is a great HC.  

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I think he is an average HC who can beat bad teams with a simple game plan.  He won't out scheme or out coach anyone, but he will have his team playing sound somewhat discipline football.  If we are wanting some to right the ship and keep us respectable/average like Rivera did, then he is your guy.  If we want to swing for a guy that will make us constant contenders and develop a young QB then look elsewhere.  

IF he can land a great OC we could look decent, but that OC will get plucked away in an offseason or two.  Wilks seems like a great person (just like Rivera), but I don't think he is a great HC.  

HC's have coordinators bro.

That seems like a OC type of blame. Wilks is more of a defensive coach. I think he can run a team he just needs a upgrade at OC.

• Beer 1