• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WRs

ncfan

With six hours to go, the top two WRs still have not declared.  If this holds, I am back to Mayer as my top guy.  I want neither AR nor the #3 WR as the default #1 wideout due to draft non-declarations at #9.   I will take a slight trade back to maximize the value for Mayer, but still will nab him at #9 if things hold as is.

I'm not going to write off the prospect of taking a WR in the 1st or that high 2nd round pick. Hyatt, Addison, Johnston, Zay or any of the guys we have talked about could help the offense. I like Shi and Shenault but they need some seasoning and to make improvements to their skill sets.   a guy to complement DJ is gonna be an asset. TMJ has potential but adding a guy should happen. 

2 hours ago, mickeye76 said:

I'm not going to write off the prospect of taking a WR in the 1st or that high 2nd round pick. Hyatt, Addison, Johnston, Zay or any of the guys we have talked about could help the offense. I like Shi and Shenault but they need some seasoning and to make improvements to their skill sets.   a guy to complement DJ is gonna be an asset. TMJ has potential but adding a guy should happen. 

If we stay at 9 I don’t see us taking one. 
honestly on the upper end.  There isn’t a guy that blows me away as a top 10 caliber guy.  A ton of really good number 2 guys.  
agree with the Shenault and Shi assessment. 
Shenault is still so raw.  He’s really not even a true WR.  Every time he is used,  it’s manufactured touches.

Shi Really has been anything better than Byrd.  I’m not expecting much other than a WR4 for him at this point.  

3 hours ago, mickeye76 said:

TMJ is a potential bust.  He's simply too much more "off" than "on".  A big play every few games isn't enough to sell me he's still up and coming.

19 minutes ago, ncfan said:

If we stay at 9 I don’t see us taking one. 
honestly on the upper end.  There isn’t a guy that blows me away as a top 10 caliber guy.  A ton of really good number 2 guys.  
agree with the Shenault and Shi assessment. 
Shenault is still so raw.  He’s really not even a true WR.  Every time he is used,  it’s manufactured touches.

Shi Really has been anything better than Byrd.  I’m not expecting much other than a WR4 for him at this point.  

that's what we need is a number 2 WR.  a legit guy across from DJ and let TMJ work as the third option in the slot or on plays where DJ is in the slot he is on the outside would be a unpredictable offense.  Shi and Laviska should be included in the plans but as gimmick or 4th options. 

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

TMJ is a potential bust.  He's simply too much more "off" than "on".  A big play every few games isn't enough to sell me he's still up and coming.

WR university aka LSU don't produce too many busts. his development has been retarded by the retreads and a r word HC.  He should have been getting reps over Robby.  I'm not saying he is Jamaar Chase or nothing but he ran with him at LSU as a trusted target of Burrow. 

1 minute ago, mickeye76 said:

WR university aka LSU don't produce too many busts. his development has been retarded by the retreads and a r word HC.  He should have been getting reps over Robby.  I'm not saying he is Jamaar Chase or nothing but he ran with him at LSU as a trusted target of Burrow. 

I think having Burrow at QB propped him up more than his own abilities.  I think he's middling-to-bust.

5 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

How about Addison?

He’s my favorite out of this class.
top 3

Addison, Jaxson Smith, Johnston

But I’m still hesitant to draft him top 10.

He’s so light he’s only about 175 pounds soaking wet (right around the same size as Devonte Smith) 

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, ncfan said:

He’s my favorite out of this class.
top 3

Addison, Jaxson Smith, Johnston

But I’m still hesitant to draft him top 10.

He’s so light he’s only about 175 pounds soaking wet (right around the same size as Devonte Smith) 

With JSN missing most of this season with that hamstring and not a lot of tape this year, I need to see him pre draft run a good time and make sure he is fine.  I have him #1 in the meantime 

That said it is very hard to ignore Addison’s explosiveness.  I can see him being a big timer in the NFL if he can stay healthy.

Edited by Shocker