• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold’s Market Value per Spotrac

ECHornet

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

Minshew could make a lot of sense with our interest in Steichen...

I mean I think I've been called a Darnold superfan, and I just don't see much point. His experience has been with (for the most part) Gase and Rhule. It's actually why his career could be vastly different elsewhere if he gets a different, new coach (it probably won't be lol). But it's also why there's better guys, like Dalton, Brisset, and Minshew, that have been in various systems etc and have had some of their own relative success at times.  Darnolds best season was this stretch and he capped it with the worst game by a Panthers QB ever (stats wise)

Agreed. The sad thing is Sam is a great guy. Got absolutely no beef with him personally other than that foolish podcast he did taking offense at fans criticism. But the folks here who just want to keep living this dream are nuts.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

One-fifth of the Panthers fanbase would rather lose with UNC's quarterback than win with anyone else. Not saying Maye sucks because he doesn't, at least in college.

But it was Sam Howell before him, and Mitch Trubisky before him, and Marquise Williams before him, and TJ Yates before him, and Darian Durant before him

9 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

One-fifth of the Panthers fanbase would rather lose with UNC's quarterback than win with anyone else. Not saying Maye sucks because he doesn't, at least in college.

But it was Sam Howell before him, and Mitch Trubisky before him, and Marquise Williams before him, and TJ Yates before him, and Darian Durant before him

I wasn't here much before Howell, so I can't speak for those who rallied for Marquise, TJ, or Durant. I find it hard to believe Panthers fans actually believed any of those three should be our starter.

With that said, I would easily take Sam Howell and his rookie contract over any QB on our current roster.

And Drake Maye will be better.

Edited by ECHornet
  • Beer 1