• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper clearly wants to change the Panthers identity

Saca312

3 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

I’m not on anybody’s train

i don’t care who is hired

i care the right,  penetrating questions are asked and answered along with a risk assessment and probability assessment done 

I care whoever is hired is surrounded with people who help the franchise succeed 

that’s it 

Sounds good. But we can question any candidate for hours they still have to be able to prove it on the field. We should go with the candidate that has the best offensive framework plan for how to bring that side of the ball from the early 2000's and into the modern league or we are not getting into the playoffs again anytime soon. That's really the only goal that matters. And in that aspect we watched our team fail miserably in a division that is in the worst shape we have seen in at least a decade. We should be owning the South for the next several years.

30 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I mean, the first year is the first year. We're hiring for the long haul.

Right and if you start out at 500 after inheriting a depleted team imagine how much better you can do with an offensive guy like Reich as OC and a quality quarterback. I can only imagine that things will trend up. 

46 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

And even against the Saints, we were bailed out by Sam fuging Darnold turning into Sam Newton and, after completing like one total pass, throwing a dart to move us into FG position. Admittedly Burns wasn't playing but our team looked dead...

We were saved in the New Orleans game by Michael Jordan (of all people falling) on Sam's fumble in the end zone, Andy Dalton missing a wide open receiver on their final 3rd down (just didn't see him coming open), and their kicker missing multiple field goals.

1 minute ago, trueblade said:

We were saved in the New Orleans game by Michael Jordan (of all people falling) on Sam's fumble in the end zone, Andy Dalton missing a wide open receiver on their final 3rd down (just didn't see him coming open), and their kicker missing multiple field goals.

Lutz's second FG was blocked, but yeah.  Was a shitshow of a game all around

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Right and if you start out at 500 after inheriting a depleted team imagine how much better you can do with an offensive guy like Reich as OC and a quality quarterback. I can only imagine that things will trend up. 

I can agree on that. But the defensive side of the team is just as important.  That's what scares me with all of these candidates, including Wilks.  If I'm being honest he scares me the most in that regard. 

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

Sounds good. But we can question any candidate for hours they still have to be able to prove it on the field. We should go with the candidate that has the best offensive framework plan for how to bring that side of the ball from the early 2000's and into the modern league or we are not getting into the playoffs again anytime soon. That's really the only goal that matters. And in that aspect we watched our team fail miserably in a division that is in the worst shape we have seen in at least a decade. We should be owning the South for the next several years.

That’s why a risk assessment is important 

if the failures on unexpected in the first year, that’s one thing. 

Example,  your star QB is hit with 22 lawsuits for sexual misconduct 

if the failures are because of historical preponderance of the same issues, address it beforehand and adjust vs do nothing 

Example. You have a free agent qb with an injury history and you don’t have a backup 

Example. New HCs struggle. History tells why. Fix it before it happens 

1 minute ago, raleigh-panther said:

That’s why a risk assessment is important 

if the failures on unexpected in the first year, that’s one thing. 

Example,  your star QB is hit with 22 lawsuits for sexual misconduct 

if the failures are because of historical preponderance of the same issues, address it beforehand and adjust vs do nothing 

Example. You have a free agent qb with an injury history and you don’t have a backup 

Example. New HCs struggle. History tells why. Fix it before it happens 

That might be why Mrs. Tepper is sitting in on these. To remind David to be quiet and let the professionals handle this. She will provide the risk assessment to him since he obviously doesn't listen.

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I can agree on that. But the defensive side of the team is just as important.  That's what scares me with all of these candidates, including Wilks.  If I'm being honest he scares me the most in that regard. 

I think a young HC coming from an OC background will know they need a strong DC.

I'm not sure Wilks recognizes that.

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

If you purely want a defensive guy then go Ryans. I like his aggressive style more than Wilkes zone concept. Yet the Bills run a similar scheme and what takes them over the top is Josh Allen. I think your defense improves when your opponent is playing catch up.

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I think a young HC coming from an OC background will know they need a strong DC.

I'm not sure Wilks recognizes that.

But will they pick a DC with more experience than them and possibly head coach experience (which Rivera thought he should have done) who could take their job like Wilkes did Rhule or pick an up and coming guy with not much experience like you.

Just now, panthers55 said:

If you purely want a defensive guy then go Ryans. I like his aggressive style more than Wilkes zone concept. Yet the Bills run a similar scheme and what takes them over the top is Josh Allen. I think your defense improves when your opponent is playing catch up.

I could care less whether the guy has an offensive or defensive background really.  I just don't want a coach that relys solely on one side of the team to win games.  You have to have a strong run game and very good to great defense in the playoffs.  But you must have a strong passing game to get you there. I'm not in favor of abandoning everything else about the team just to have a good passing game. 

6 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

But will they pick a DC with more experience than them and possibly head coach experience (which Rivera thought he should have done) who could take their job like Wilkes did Rhule or pick an up and coming guy with not much experience like you.

Wilks didn't take Rhule's job.

Rhule lost his job and Wilks took over.

I don't think a young OC rising to HC is going to worry about that much.

38 minutes ago, frankw said:

But who is to say Wilks won't be going through that process though? And he will be having to repeat lessons we already saw Ron Rivera learn or in his case on certain things learn but keep stubbornly doing anyway. If you are on board the Wilks train for the sake of continuity you might want to rewatch both the wins and losses under Wilks.

This board is gonna be filled with people complaining about Wilks just like Rivera. They will be complaining about the exact same things. 
It will be a blast from the past. 3 years ago. 

• Beer 1