• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Devils 7pm

Panthers Fan 69

So, the phantom goal no one saw. I was sitting just a couple rows behind the Canes penalty box and could see over the shoulder of the replay officials and the suit who is in contact with the situation room. Nobody saw the puck cross the line. It was not visible from any camera angle that was definitive. The ref made the call and as soon as he announced it, the suit behind the glass jumped up and called him to come over. It was a very strange dynamic, because it appeared that the goal would not stand since there was no clear cut view that it crossed the line. The situation room, the suit behind the glass and the ref were not on the same page. Not even the other members of the officiating crew were on the same page.

That being said, the 2 goals 18 seconds apart to close the second were inexcusable. They were weak and there's no way anyone in the building thought they would go. Didn't take the league long to figure out Kochetkov: go to the net, backhand-forehand and 5-hole is open. I was downright angry at that point. But, I contained myself and recognized I was pissed like I used to get pissed at Panther games in Charlotte. 

But, the go-ahead goal and then the breakaway goal awarded when Jordan Staal didn't hook the player is when I left. 

Canes have physicality issues, and, as another thread I'll post to later, they have goalie issues, too.

On a positive note, Aho looks much better, Max is the man, and Martinook is easily the hardest working guy on the team (also mentioned by someone else in an earlier thread).

• Pie 1

Happy with my Devils getting a win but damn.

That go-ahead goal....

...Refs missed an obvious high-stick moments before the goal there. 

I'll take it 'cause many times I've been on the other side of these types of calls (or non-calls as the case may be). 

• Beer 1