• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beating the Saints cost us 1 draft slot after all

Peon Awesome

14 minutes ago, Icege said:

I cannot wait to hear how our first pick won't matter like it did when we were still able to select Brian Burns.

It wont matter if we dont get a good coaching staff.way more important than this draft position.

Edited by heel31ok
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, Growl said:

lol at people cooing about how great it is to “get that seventh win!”

If seven wins make them happy, they're pulling for the right team.

2022: 7-10

2018: 7-9

2014: 7-8-1

2012: 7-9

2007: 7-9

2004: 7-9

2002: 7-9

2000: 7-9

1997: 7-9

1995: 7-9

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

9 hours ago, Peon Awesome said:

For those pissed that we lost and think it messed up our draft, we would've picked 8th if we lost. 

The Lions win has us tied with Las Vegas in strength of schedule, but we played New Orleans twice and by beating them, we worsened our strength of schedule since they ended up 7-10 instead of 8-9. If we lost, our strength of schedule would be better than the Raiders' and we'd pick after them. 

I'm not going to pretend I was jumping up and down today. But in hindsight, one lost draft slot to embarrass the Saints at their home and finish the season sweep, especially when they don't have the 1st round pick to benefit, at least feels like a justifiable trade off.

For the record we missed Justin Herbert by one draft slot a couple years ago due to a pointless win at the end of the season. 

• Pie 2

Anybody who thinks losing to a hated divisional rival at home under any circumstances isn't embarrassing, has probably never played a sport in their life.  "Shoot guys we almost had them!  Great effort, we should all be proud of ourselves!"

Remember the Matt Ryan "Get the f@#% off my field!" after a last-second game-winning FG?  Yeah I bet there was a lot of pride in our locker room after that game.

Posturing about the semantics of the word "embarrassing" is a pretty weak deflection.

• Beer 2