• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ben Johnson has me convinced.

TheCasillas

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I had an intriguing thought run through my mind.

Ben Johnson and Luke Kuechly are acquainted from their Boston College days. I wonder if Johnson would ask Kuechly to help him scout for offensive weaknesses or tendencies.

Could be useful...

Defensive names around the league he could recruit to his staff that he's worked with:

CIN: Mark Duffner (part of Taylor's CIN crew stemming back to their days in Miami with Dan Campbell), he's old but could advise.  Jordan Kovacs (LB Coach) is the young gun, who was a player that followed Zac Taylor and became a coach.  Been VERY impressed with the Bengals LBs (Logan Wilson is awesome)  

TB: Kacy Rodgers - DL Coach/Run Game Coordinator

MIN/LSU: Daronte Jones - DB Coach

DAL: George Edwards - Senior Assistant

MIA: Steve Gregory - Safeies Coach (Former player, up and comer)

College: Al Golden (ND's DC), Luke Kuechly

Offense wise, I love what Randle El has done with St Brown, Raymond, Reynolds, Chark, etc.  Would be fun to see if he could follow or who else on offense would like Brunell.  Did have some overlap with Bevell in reverse with MIA and DET.  

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Soul Rebel said:

This is the style of offense I want. Aggressive, using scheme and motion to keep DCs baffled and not afraid to keep his foot on the gas. They traded Hockenson and their TE2/TE3 put up 8TDs and this is the best Goff has looked in the NFL.

What it's going to come down to, IMO, is how much of the LIons' offensive success is Johnson vs. Campbell and can Johnson be a HC vs. an OC.

Dude, thanks for sharing this channel. I love this X's and O's stuff. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Soul Rebel said:

This is the style of offense I want. Aggressive, using scheme and motion to keep DCs baffled and not afraid to keep his foot on the gas. They traded Hockenson and their TE2/TE3 put up 8TDs and this is the best Goff has looked in the NFL.

What it's going to come down to, IMO, is how much of the LIons' offensive success is Johnson vs. Campbell and can Johnson be a HC vs. an OC.

This is awesome... Would love to get a chance with him as our HC...

• Beer 1

On 1/8/2023 at 11:29 PM, BIGH2001 said:

He’s also a UNC grad which I didn’t realize. Bonus for being a local guy. 

Eh.....I think we need to be careful about fixating too heavily on the "local guy" aspect. We have gotten ourselves in trouble a lot of times banking too heavily on that in players and coaches.

Those are always cool stories but the reality is that rarely matters on the field. In the community it is usually fantastic.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 4

4 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

Defensive names around the league he could recruit to his staff that he's worked with:

CIN: Mark Duffner (part of Taylor's CIN crew stemming back to their days in Miami with Dan Campbell), he's old but could advise.  Jordan Kovacs (LB Coach) is the young gun, who was a player that followed Zac Taylor and became a coach.  Been VERY impressed with the Bengals LBs (Logan Wilson is awesome)  

TB: Kacy Rodgers - DL Coach/Run Game Coordinator

MIN/LSU: Daronte Jones - DB Coach

DAL: George Edwards - Senior Assistant

MIA: Steve Gregory - Safeies Coach (Former player, up and comer)

College: Al Golden (ND's DC), Luke Kuechly

Offense wise, I love what Randle El has done with St Brown, Raymond, Reynolds, Chark, etc.  Would be fun to see if he could follow or who else on offense would like Brunell.  Did have some overlap with Bevell in reverse with MIA and DET.  

Looking into this some more for a separate post on DC candidates for the young OCs, but couple of other names:

• Vance Joseph - was DC in Miami in 2016 when Johnson was TE coach. Joseph has prior HC experience (Broncos 2017-2018) and may not be retained in Arizona after Kingsbury firing; would be an ideal pairing IMO
  • Matt Burke - was LB coach (2016) and then DC (2017-2018) in Miami when Johnson was on staff. Was then a defensive assistant (2019) and later DL coach and run game coordinator (2020) in Philly under Doug Pederson. Currently DL coach in Arizona and unlikely to be retained after the Kingsbury firing  
  • Pie 1

7 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Looking into this some more for a separate post on DC candidates for the young OCs, but couple of other names:

• Vance Joseph - was DC in Miami in 2016 when Johnson was TE coach. Joseph has prior HC experience (Broncos 2017-2018) and may not be retained in Arizona after Kingsbury firing; would be an ideal pairing IMO
  • Matt Burke - was LB coach (2016) and then DC (2017-2018) in Miami when Johnson was on staff. Was then a defensive assistant (2019) and later DL coach and run game coordinator (2020) in Philly under Doug Pederson. Currently DL coach in Arizona and unlikely to be retained after the Kingsbury firing  

Joseph Is a pretty solid DC.

• Beer 1