• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

Just now, UNCrules2187 said:

Are you intentionally misquoting the CBS article? It clearly says "being discussed as better" and the whole article is talking about the dangers of "waiting for next year's QB class". And again, no quotes from specific NFL scouts or mention of Luck and/or Lawrence as you keep espousing.

Jordan Plamer is not an NFL scout.

Are you really questioning Jordan Palmer’s credentials?? 

And in said Scouts analyst or “known media personalities” 

I see your stuck on scouts even all the articles are saying the “scouts are telling them” this about both QB..

Again You or @Casillia can answer this question?? Do either of you think Corral or Howell are the same QB prospects as Willams or Mayes?? 

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Are you really questioning Jordan Palmer’s credentials?? 

And in said Scouts analyst or “known media personalities” 

I see your stuck on scouts even all the articles are saying the “scouts are telling them” this about both QB..

Again You or @Casillia can answer this question?? Do either of you think Corral or Howell are the same QB prospects as Willams or Mayes?? 

No, I don't think Howell or Corral are as good as either of those two, but in the end we'll have to see how the coming season plays out.

In any case, it's a moot point for this thread. If Maye and Williams are going to be as good as you think they are, and the Panthers (barring a massive trade up) are in position to get one of the two, then they'll have made another horrendous head coaching hire anyway.

Edited by UNCrules2187

17 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

https://amp.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/uscs-caleb-williams-drawing-comparisons-to-current-nfl-star

next Mahomes Fox Sports and Jordan Palmer (who worked with Corral)

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2023-nfl-draft-would-drake-maye-or-caleb-williams-be-qb1-the-dangers-of-waiting-until-next-year/

“Already better then any QB in 2023 class” When talking about both Qb’s

i can keep going if you like..

neither one of those articles compared Maye or Williams to Luck or Lawrence.... 

Awkward Ed Helms GIF by The Office

2 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

No, I don't think Howell or Corral are as good as either of those two, but in the end we'll have to see how the coming season plays out.

In any case, it's a moot point for this thread. If Maye and Williams are going to be as good as you think they are, and the Panthers (barring a massive trade up) are in position to get one of the two, then they'll have made another horrendous head coaching hire anyway.

That’s wasn’t the point I was making.. I don’t want to give the Saints a leg up in getting them.. And I also would like to have assets to get either Stroud or Young which IMO getting Payton will hurt that option while helping Saints..

Just now, TheCasillas said:

neither one of those articles compared Maye or Williams to Luck or Lawrence.... 

Awkward Ed Helms GIF by The Office

So Mahomes right now isn’t better.. Dude stop playing the semantics game and be realistic..

Do you honestly think in your opinion that Corral or Howell are better Prospects then Mayes or Williams?? If so cool moving on if not why are “you” debating this??

5 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

So Mahomes right now isn’t better.. Dude stop playing the semantics game and be realistic..

Do you honestly think in your opinion that Corral or Howell are better Prospects then Mayes or Williams?? If so cool moving on if not why are “you” debating this??

thats not how it works. You cant say poo like this: image.png.29ce7cc5ee8f32f888a6bcbfaef21fde.png

then persecute people because they dont agree with you. Then pivot because your original statement was made up. That's not how adults converse or debate. 

I've already answered your questions about Williams and Mayes. It's too early to state they will be the top QBs of the NFL draft. 

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 3

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

John Ellis did sort of lightly suggest on the most recent Roar podcast that there is definitely some FO personnel nervousness over Sean Payton wanting to potentially clean house. Didn't mention any specific names, obviously.

I'm sure they ARE nervous. But nothing is fact and set in stone like Mr. Scot most likely believes. No one has any idea what Payton might do.

Just now, TheCasillas said:

thats not how it works. You cant say poo like this: /cdn-cgi/mirage/177b4e06480a4fff844b04bba36e55050b1e2c0509999954422833b5165181c7/1280/https://www.carolinahuddle.com/uploads/monthly_2023_01/image.png.29ce7cc5ee8f32f888a6bcbfaef21fde.png

then persecute people because they dont agree with you. Then pivot because your original statement was made up. That's not how adults converse or debate. 

I've already answered your qustions about Williams and Mayes. It's too early to state they will be the top QBs of the NFL draft. 

Damn

25 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Word is that's false, Denver hasn't even narrowed its search for 2nd round interviews and this from NFL reporters that cover nation wide. 

Also Albright said it was scheduled for Wednesday,  then Jeff Duncan said it was Wednesday night or Thursday for and interview....then it was backed off to Payton is flying himself and now we got word from the Cardinals they are meeting him on Thursday.

Nobody "backed it off". Albright said they were meeting Wednesday and Duncan clarified.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

What we're dealing with in reality is unicorns. The Huddle seems to chase them on damn near an annual basis.

"If we trade for Deshaun Watson, we're in the Super Bowl."

"If we bring Cam back, we're gonna start winning again."

"We're just a quarterback away from being contenders."

And the latest, "Just hire Sean Payton, give him the keys and prepare for Super Bowl glory."

All we got to do is get that one guy, and everything's gonna be fine.

Except it never is, not even for the team that gets "that guy" when we don't.

It's never going to be that simple, and people who think it is are dreaming.

You forgot ...

"If we hire Steichen we're golden!"

"If we hire Kafka we'll turn it around!"

"If we would've hired Johnson we would've made the Playoffs next season!"

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

Daniel Jones pretty much said he'll explore free agency.

Lot's of people here hate on Daniel Jones but he never had any receivers or TEs of mention in NY.

Daniel Jones probably looks over here and sees DJ, Terrace, Tremble, Thomas and salivates all of better caliber than anyone he had in NY.

I'd argue he had a better corps in NY. Some of those guys really came on toward the end of the season and things began to click. TMJ, Tremble, and Thomas? Come on, dude.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

thats not how it works. You cant say poo like this: /cdn-cgi/mirage/c011b6ca8ae33802d696ef307637bb1ccac9a89e45b8ad3ff58afef5aa5c4032/1280/https://www.carolinahuddle.com/uploads/monthly_2023_01/image.png.29ce7cc5ee8f32f888a6bcbfaef21fde.png

I've already answered your questions about Williams and Mayes. It's too early to state they will be the top QBs of the NFL draft. 

I’m sorry you felt persecuted not my fault but I’m sorry you felt that way..

When somebody says “Generational talent”that is the same words used with QBs like Elway, Luck, and Lawrence.. So by just a little reading in between the lines.. They are talking about Mayes in the same language they did for previous mention QB prospects.. No body was saying generational talent about Corral or Howell and neither of them have a Hesimen like Williams right?? Aren’t those Facts?? 

last if it’s to early to look at prospects why do teams spend millions or dollars and time scouting players from HS and thru their college careers.. The whole process is trying to prognosticate and bet on a player’s future and the more info and talent a player has determines how much a risk on betting on that players future is.. So every scout and  analyst are trying to make safe bets on prospects.. Which are a why they rate prospects on a scale of talent + (production/film) + Fit/need/positional value - compensation/ risk = ranking .. Which is why Corral nor Howell were seen as the same prospects as Mayes and Williams.. 

Moving on if you don’t realize this..