• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Here's the thing though, if Payton is worth it ... it won't matter who the Aints draft with our pick. We'll have the better end of the trade.

I'm not sure any coach is worth a first round pick unless you have a SB contending team already put together and just missing the coach.

If the Chargers were to fire Staley, that situation would be prime for giving up a first rounder for someone like Payton.

But we're just not there yet, in a year or two we might be, pending figuring out the QB position, but we just have too many holes right now to be giving away a first rounder for a 60 year old coach.  That's the other thing people seem to ignore here, there is a decent chance that if we trade that first rounder for Payton, that Payton will be retired before that player is.

If Payton was 50 instead of 60, I'd probably feel different, but at his age he has 10-12 years left coaching, and that's if successful, if he has 2 or 3 bad years early, he's likely to just retire, while that player would still be on their rookie contract, just not a smart decision to make.

• Pie 2

25 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Some important news here...

Evero's interview will complete their Rooney Rule compliance, so from that point on the team is free to make a hire.

Gotta wonder now if it would have been Johnson had he not dropped out.

Is it weird that this is the first time I've ever heard this guys' name and he has interviewed for all the openings out there?

This is why I don't like the Rooney Rule, I get why they have it, but it just seems flawed and it turns minority coach interviews into boxes to be checked and guys like this just get used for the system.  

I understand that sometimes it helps them get their foot in the door and it can lead to a HC job down the line, which is great if that happens, but feels like there are more disingenuous interviews of minorities than there are genuine ones.

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Some important news here...

Evero's interview will complete their Rooney Rule compliance, so from that point on the team is free to make a hire.

Gotta wonder now if it would have been Johnson had he not dropped out.

It was probably between Ben and Sean, now we should hear about Sean Friday night. If the tea leaves are right.