• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Dude we haven’t had our interview with Ben Johnson yet. Our first meeting with him next week. You are making up the second interview piece. You are doin way more than reading between the lines… you are making theories up in your head and believing they are true.

Stand corrected on that point. Let’s remember this conversation when he’s announced as our head coach in a week or so.

Just now, BIGH2001 said:

Stand corrected on that point. Let’s remember this conversation when he’s announced as our head coach in a week or so.

That doesn’t make your statement right… haha. If Ben Johnson is the best candidate and crushes his interview … you can’t say “this is because tepper was short sighted” bc ironically that is short sighted in itself.

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

That doesn’t make your statement right… haha. If Ben Johnson is the best candidate and crushes his interview … you can’t say “this is because tepper was short sighted” bc ironically that is short sighted in itself.

See the tweet from back in December? Sounds like Tepper has already said who he wanted. Now it’s just a matter of finalizing it. Hopefully the hot name works out this time. 

17 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

TB had a losing record and Seattle and detroit finished 9-8, and we split with TB and our coaching staff was totally exposed the second time we played them.  Those teams werent exactly regular season juggernauts.

For  Christ sake

my post was in regards to saying’ they didn’t beat anybody ‘

they beat two teams in the playoffs 

Again, if you don’t want to like Wilks, then don’t,  but take away from  the fact that his team beat three  very good teams, two in the playoffs and a third that would have been if the Panthers didnt beat them 

Just a reminder that ‘Detroit was the hottest team In the league’ and the overwhelming favorite when the panthers beat them 

you know the team that has the IC thaa as t mist want for HC

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Beer 1

saving most of their candidates for in-person sessions once those are allowed starting Tuesday. Ben Johnson, whose name is hot in this cycle, is among those expected to travel to meet with owner David Tepper and is set for an in-person interview on Jan. 18

https://www.nfl.com/news/examining-where-all-five-head-coach-searches-stand-entering-super-wild-card-week

• Pie 2

Just now, raleigh-panther said:

Again, if you don’t want to like Wilks, then don’t but take away from  the fact that his team beat three  very good teams, two in the playoffs and a third that would have been if the Panthers didnt beat them 

I get what you are saying... but Seahawks and Bucs definitely aren't "very good". Seahawks regressed hard in the second half of the season and barely got by the Rams last week, and Bucs suck.  The lore of Tom Brady is the only reason people think they have a chance (and I will admit... it is a good reason, Brady is the GOAT).

But LIS, I get what you are saying and I agree.  We can't take those wins away from Wilks.  

2 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

See the tweet from back in December? Sounds like Tepper has already said who he wanted. Now it’s just a matter of finalizing it. Hopefully the hot name works out this time. 

it's a tweet from a guy who asked Tepper what he thought about Ben Johnson and shared that we have done our homework on the guy... There are tweets circulating that Tepper wants Demceo Ryans as well. Im sure we did our homework on him too.  You are looking way too hard into this. 

I want Ben Johnson and I hope we hire him. However, I have no reason to believe we have already chosen him as HC. All the other candidates would be declining interviews with us because they would know we have already chosen, and we wouldnt waste our time. 

The way you are trying to portray this just isnt how this process works. we have seen teams in the past who already knew their HC they were going to hire respect the Rooney rule then just interview that single person. We arent doing that, bc we havent chosen our HC yet. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Mage said:

I get what you are saying... but Seahawks and Bucs definitely aren't "very good". Seahawks regressed hard in the second half of the season and barely got by the Rams last week, and Bucs suck.  The lore of Tom Brady is the only reason people think they have a chance (and I will admit... it is a good reason, Brady is the GOAT).

But LIS, I get what you are saying and I agree.  We can't take those wins away from Wilks.  

Thanks

those teams are in the playoffs. To say they regressed or didn’t or the sun rose or set makes no difference, they are playoff teams 

34 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

it's a tweet from a guy who asked Tepper what he thought about Ben Johnson and shared that we have done our homework on the guy... There are tweets circulating that Tepper wants Demceo Ryans as well. Im sure we did our homework on him too.  You are looking way too hard into this. 

I want Ben Johnson and I hope we hire him. However, I have no reason to believe we have already chosen him as HC. All the other candidates would be declining interviews with us because they would know we have already chosen, and we wouldnt waste our time. 

The way you are trying to portray this just isnt how this process works. we have seen teams in the past who already knew their HC they were going to hire respect the Rooney rule then just interview that single person. We arent doing that, bc we havent chosen our HC yet. 

He asked "how is the search going?" He didn't ask about Johnson, Tepper himself volunteered that information. You are being naive here. Tepper is about as simple minded as they come. He probably decided he wanted Johnson two months ago beacuse he's attracted to shiny objects. Again, nothing against the guy and I hope he does great but I just see a lot of parallels to the "process" we went through with Rhule and we all know how that worked out. 

Edited by BIGH2001
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

He asked "how is the search going?" He didn't ask about Johnson, Tepper himself volunteered that information. You are being naive here. Tepper is about as simple minded as they come. He probably decided he wanted Johnson two months ago beacuse he's attracted to shiny objects. Again, nothing against the guy and I hope he does great but I just see a lot of paralells to the "process" we went through with Rhule and we all know how that worked out. 

Tepper has zero good  judgement when it comes to this football team. I have zero faith in anyone that is his choice. He really needs to let the professionals make the decision. 

Edited by ickmule
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1