• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

8 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

It like, never works out.

Well it did once, Jeff Fisher. But that was back in the 90s. So once in the Super Bowl era is, looks at notes, a really effing low chance of success. 
Plus, and I can’t believe more people haven’t brought this up, hiring Wilks would be like hiring a college coach all over again because both college and interim HC success is very low and Tepper would be saying that he hired Wilks because he thinks he can be the one to hire the next Jeff Fisher. 
Doing literally the exact same thing he did with Rhule. 
I am hoping Tepper knows this. 

2 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Because we are still owned by the braintrust that hired Matt Rhule.

Calling to find out isn’t the issue. It’s people thinking that we would be in the running or stating Payton is saying no. It’s the saints who said no.

Edited by TheCasillas

Well at least there seems to be some level of strategic thought and patience into this coaching search than last time. Rhule already had the job by this time in Jan 2020. Is Fitt actually in the interviews? 9 interviews seems like a decent amount contrary to Fitt saying the list would be short

• Pie 1

Interesting note...

Wonder if he'd interview here. At the very least, it'd complete the Rooney Rule compliance. 

He's been well spoken of on here before, but post-Rhule it's tough to imagine a college coach being a popular choice.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I believe in some capacity you have to retain Wilks. You can lose a locker room by not listening to players and we've seen how that worked out. I really feel like all of these offensive coordinators will be asked during these interviews how they see Wilks as a coordinator or coach on the staff and vice versa how would they feel working on his staff

• Beer 1