• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

These “up coming offensive gurus” better have a plan for defense as well.. Dumbass Tepper better not fall in love with all these pie in sky offensive ideas and get nothing for the defense.. If you’re going to hire inexperienced offensive HC he better have a very experienced DC with HC experience to help..

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

I'm more concerned about his plan for the defensive staff.

I’m not.. 

some fuging credence have to be given to not having time to put your philosophy on the defense when all they know is the former coaches system…

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

I’m not.. 

some fuging credence have to be given to not having time to put your philosophy on the defense when all they know is the former coaches system…

They ran Rivera's soft Cover 3 system - that's not what Snow ran.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, OldhamA said:

They ran Rivera's soft Cover 3 system - that's not what Snow ran.

Again how much more diverse could they make it ?? They didn’t have a full off-season to teach a whole new system right.. They simplified everything because that’s all they could do in midseason.. You don’t think the defense gets better with Wilks having his own staff and a off-season to teach his system??

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

Again how much more diverse could they make it ?? They didn’t have a full off-season to teach a whole new system right.. They simplified everything because that’s all they could do in midseason.. You don’t think the defense gets better with Wilks having his own staff and a off-season to teach his system??

I do not, no. He was never a good DC. He'd also have to move on from Holcombe which I doubt he does.

My main issue is that his ego fired Snow - that's a huge red flag.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

These “up coming offensive gurus” better have a plan for defense as well.. Dumbass Tepper better not fall in love with all these pie in sky offensive ideas and get nothing for the defense.. If you’re going to hire inexperienced offensive HC he better have a very experienced DC with HC experience to help..

10/14 coaches in the playoffs came from offensive backgrounds before being an HC. Get with the times 

18 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

10/14 coaches in the playoffs came from offensive backgrounds before being an HC. Get with the times 

Stop throwing blind stats without context.. 10/14 blah blah so the fug what??

the guy who has won most of the super bowls in this area was a defensive coach.. 

Still doesn’t change my mind that “up coming offensive gurus” have success when they have a defensive coordinator with experience to help them..

and if Wilks needs a offensive plan then the offensive guys need to have a equally as good defensive plan..

Edited by WOW!!

33 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I do not, no. He was never a good DC. He'd also have to move on from Holcombe which I doubt he does.

My main issue is that his ego fired Snow - that's a huge red flag.

He was never a good DC beside 2017 when we were a top 10 defense..

okay got you..

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

He was never a good DC beside 2017 when we were a top 10 defense..

okay got you..

Passing defense was 18th, with very few turnovers generated.  Run defense carried that unit thanks to Luke.  That 2017 defense simply wasn’t good.  So many big plays given up…

• Pie 1