• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

I guess we can infer that since they are scheduling head coach interviews that Fitterer's going to be the GM going forward? 

I'm kind of disappointed that there was no word of an adviser being brought in to help Tepper make those decisions before the season ended.  

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I guess we can infer that since they are scheduling head coach interviews that Fitterer's going to be the GM going forward? 

I'm kind of disappointed that there was no word of an adviser being brought in to help Tepper make those decisions before the season ended.  

Yeah I'm pretty sure Tepper admitted that was an omission from the Rhule search that he wouldn't let happen again.  Do wonder if there's anyone helping out of house.

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Reich is set to interview this week. So are Caldwell and Wilks.

Johnson can be hired immediately, which at least potentially gives him a leg up on Steichen, Dorsey, Ryans, maybe Waldron pending tonight's outcome.

General belief is this will be a "wide net" search so it could take a while.

All indications are Harbaugh isn't in play for us, but is for the Broncos and Colts.

yes

14 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

From Breer's "coaching carousel" article...

As for Carolina GM Scott Fitterer, I’ve heard he’s been involved in laying groundwork for finding the next coach, so I think Tepper will keep him (I know he likes him) and his personnel staff...

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

From Breer's "coaching carousel" article...

As for Carolina GM Scott Fitterer, I’ve heard he’s been involved in laying groundwork for finding the next coach, so I think Tepper will keep him (I know he likes him) and his personnel staff...

I sure hope he gets this right.  He's got to be better than Hurney, right?

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Can you find a reliable source saying otherwise right now?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jim-harbaugh-nfl-rumors-michigan-coach-talked-with-panthers-but-owner-david-tepper-didnt-initiate-call/

Maybe not but JJ put an article out today and didn't mention that info, why not? That would have been a great way to break that news today.

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jim-harbaugh-nfl-rumors-michigan-coach-talked-with-panthers-but-owner-david-tepper-didnt-initiate-call/

Maybe not but JJ put an article out today and didn't mention that info, why not? That would have been a great way to break that news today.

From the article...

Reports out of Minnesota about Harbaugh's interview last year with the Vikings made Tepper wary, sources say. A lengthy interview between the Vikings and Harbaugh last January didn't result in an offer, and sources describe Harbaugh's behavior during the interview as "odd."

From Jones on Twitter, linking this article...

It's not happening 

• Beer 1