• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do the Bears trade Fields and draft QB at 1?

*FreeFua*

Just now, Varking said:

They’d only be foolish to not pretend interest to increase the value of their pick if they trade it 

Guess we’ll see

My guess is that they’ll have some real discussion over this

Then depending on return of each route make a decision. I doubt it’s as clear cut as ‘Fields is our guy period’ behind the scenes

9 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Fields is entering year 3 and the Bears roster is awful.

You better LOVE Fields if you’re going to pass on Young/Stroud. 

Either you flip 1 for a small fortune. Trade Fields for a couple of picks. Or use the 1st pick on a non QB position…

Just going off what I've read from their fans, they do love Fields. They also have a top to bottom horrible roster, with a huge need for receiver. They've talked almost nonstop about trading for one this year and the eligible draft candidates.

I think the Panthers are going to try their best to swap picks with D.J. heading to Chicago. It's really going to be expensive though.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

Guess we’ll see

My guess is that they’ll have some real discussion over this

Then depending on return of each route make a decision. I doubt it’s as clear cut as ‘Fields is our guy period’ behind the scenes

I’m really really confident Fields is their guy behind the scenes. The coaches have referred to him as the franchise just a week ago and they came to a group decision to sit him this week to allow him to be healthy going into the off-season. 

at this point I’m just hoping The Process of the draft chews up a couple top guys and they slip a bit.

it’s not implausible, it’s routine, a lot moreso than a team jumping to 1 from 9

if it doesn’t happen….

ugh

Edited by Growl

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

That’s inaccurate to blanket statement it like that. And Fields has bailed them out of a ton of sacks. It’s a bad line. Anyone who watches Chicago knows this. 

Lol you are a Ohio state fanboy with zero objectivity

Bears are second in pass protection win rate and are middle of the road in time to throw.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34536376/2022-nfl-pass-rushing-run-stopping-blocking-leaderboard-win-rate-rankings-top-players-teams?platform=amp

Fields holds the ball way too long and still having major problems with processing speed. He is not a good pocket passer at all 

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

That’s inaccurate to blanket statement it like that. And Fields has bailed them out of a ton of sacks. It’s a bad line. Anyone who watches Chicago knows this. 

These kids don't watch anything besides the Panthers, and no one else has a vendetta against Fields quite like Huddlers. They're just making poo up about his play and then saying things like "My brother is a Bears fan and wants Sam Darnold in 2023 instead". Every football community I see says that Fields is a franchise QB.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Krovvy said:

Just going off what I've read from their fans, they do love Fields. They also have a top to bottom horrible roster, with a huge need for receiver. They've talked almost nonstop about trading for one this year and the eligible draft candidates.

I think the Panthers are going to try their best to swap picks with D.J. heading to Chicago. It's really going to be expensive though.

I think we’ve played ourselves out of that spot. If Chicago decides to trade down I’m guessing they’ll still target Anderson/Carter or someone closer to top 5.

It's always possible they fall in love with a quarterback this off-season, possible. It's just another game though. Fields doesn't look bad overall, and their fans really love him. They could jumpstart their rebuild with a big trade. They definitely aren't a player away from anything.

• Poo 1

It’s funny how quick things change here. All season long folks were saying Young is too small and would get killed behind our offensive line. Chicagos is worse. And despite me being in the Stroud bandwagon before anyone here folks, as a majority here, told me just a few weeks ago that Stroud wasn’t the truth and that’s why OSU lost to Michigan. 
A good game against Georgia seems to have swayed folks. 

Just now, MartyClemons said:

I think we’ve played ourselves out of that spot. If Chicago decides to trade down I’m guessing they’ll still target Anderson/Carter or someone closer to top 5.

While true, we have D.J. Moore as our best asset that they will want. It's really the one card we have.

Receivers are notoriously hard to draft. Chicago definitely knows it. They want one.

1 minute ago, GoobyPls said:

Lol you are a Ohio state fanboy with zero objectivity

Bears are second in pass protection win rate and are middle of the road in time to throw.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34536376/2022-nfl-pass-rushing-run-stopping-blocking-leaderboard-win-rate-rankings-top-players-teams?platform=amp

Fields holds the ball way too long and still having major problems with processing speed. He is not a good pocket passer at all 

You’re an idiot if you think I’m an OSU fanboy. That’s not who I pull for at all. Full stop.