• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breer on Wilks/Fitterer/Harbaugh

UNCrules2187

The raiders passed on him a couple years ago and then the Vikings passed on him last year and now it looks like we are gonna do the same. He must be asking for the Matt Rhule treatment or something crazy. I can respect it because unlike Rhule he at least has the results to back it up. 

26 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Tisk, tisk, tisk....we do not speak/type that name.  It is forboden.  There needs to be a filter that pops up used-car-saleman when that named is typed just like the filter when someone types a cuss word.

100% His name should go the way of the golden calf of bristol.  Make it happen Jeremy

Edited by CmC2k
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, glenwo2 said:

If Harbaugh is available and Tepper wants him instead of Wilks, he will get him.

People also said Tepper would get Deshaun Watson if he wanted him.

Not sure where people get this idea that Tepper is some kind of godfather like figure. He's proven to be nothing of the sort.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This would be stunning. One of the hottest candidates on the market is seemingly basically begging to coach the Panthers and Tepper is like...

Jones makes It sounds like Harbaugh's "representation" have been The ones doing all the calling, not Harbaugh himself.

My guess would be they've been calling us primarily because we're one of the teams that already has an opening, not necessarily out of any affinity for the Panthers.

• Pie 2

Does anyone think that Wilks would return as DC not head coach?

I know it may sound "insulting" to him, but let's be honest, outside of Carolina he has not had too much stability.  Arizona, Cleveland, and Missouri before he had the opportunity to come back home as a DB coach not even a coordinator.

Depending on the amount of openings he may or may not get another chance at anything above that position.  He's not going to Denver.  Anyone with a brain will stay far away from Indy.  I really don't think he'd be too keen to return to Arizona.

My preference to WIlks being the HC is because he has the locker room.  Finding that young offensive coach is great, but the young coach needs a solid voice in his ear.  Ron Riveria said the same thing as he began his career.  DO you think that Wilks would see that as a demotion if he was asked to mentor a young HC and be the DC?

10 minutes ago, BeenPounding said:

I know it may sound "insulting" to him, but let's be honest, outside of Carolina he has not had too much stability.  Arizona, Cleveland, and Missouri before he had the opportunity to come back home as a DB coach not even a coordinator.

Depending on the amount of openings he may or may not get another chance at anything above that position.  He's not going to Denver.  Anyone with a brain will stay far away from Indy.  I really don't think he'd be too keen to return to Arizona.

My preference to WIlks being the HC is because he has the locker room.  Finding that young offensive coach is great, but the young coach needs a solid voice in his ear.  Ron Riveria said the same thing as he began his career.  DO you think that Wilks would see that as a demotion if he was asked to mentor a young HC and be the DC?

Have you seen the record history of interm coaches becoming head coach? It's not pretty. 

I think they should at least interview him, it would be insane not to. I like Wilks but he he is Rivera 2.0 and that won’t work. This is why I didn’t get my hopes up, Tepper is going to botch this so bad.

I keep seeing quotes and articles about the players backing Wilks, which is great, but they all backed Rhule too.

I will say this, I don’t trust Tepper to make a better hire than Wilks, so if he truly doesn’t want Harbaugh, then he could do way worse than Wilks. 

• Beer 1

37 minutes ago, BeenPounding said:

The only way he'd might come back as DC is if we hired Ken Dorsey as HC or if Tepper pulls a Michael Jordan and rehires Ron Rivera. 

42 minutes ago, BeenPounding said:

My ideal would be Wilks with the duties of a DB Coach but an assistant head coach title.

• Pie 1