• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Most Efficient Passing Game in the past 6 Weeks

Ghostface Chilla

13 hours ago, ECHornet said:

This has already been proven wrong before. Nothing went perfect for him vs Steelers or Bucs. No run game support at all. He still played above average.

This. I have yet to see anyone blame our run game for our Steelers and Bucs losses respectively. Say what you will about CMCs injury history but the dude has played all year and I don’t ever recall a time where he averaged 2.3 yards per carry on multiple occasions. Our current tandem is the definition of “boom or bust” and when they bust we lose.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, WarHeel said:

This. I have yet to see anyone blame our run game for our Steelers and Bucs losses respectively. Say what you will about CMCs injury history but the dude has played all year and I don’t ever recall a time where he averaged 2.3 yards per carry on multiple occasions. Our current tandem is the definition of “boom or bust” and when they bust we lose.

He's gone move on. It's a passing league you are not going to get 300 rushing yards out of your backfield on a consistent basis. Your starting QB is going to have to go out there and win with his arm more often than not to close games.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Even in the Lions game Goff looked like the better passer overall. Sam threw 22 passes and accounted for 7 points through the air. Here's a harsh fact for these Darnold truthers. With a better QB we very well could have dropped a 50 burger on Detroit.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1

8 minutes ago, frankw said:

Even in the Lions game Goff looked like the better passer overall. Sam threw 22 passes and accounted for 7 points through the air. Here's a harsh fact for these Darnold truthers. With a better QB we very well could have dropped a 50 burger on Detroit.

You are disingenuous 

34 minutes ago, frankw said:

He's gone move on. It's a passing league you are not going to get 300 rushing yards out of your backfield on a consistent basis. Your starting QB is going to have to go out there and win with his arm more often than not to close games.

He was traded before the Saints game?

That's news to me.  🙃

But in all seriousness, I won't believe he's gone until either some other team signs him or our Head Coach (whomever it is) has both his preferred Starting QB and Backup in the lineup (and Darnold isn't one of them).

Until that happens, the possibility of him sticking around will remain.

That's the reality of the situation as of right now.

3 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

What?  Why is he still focused on someone who was gone since a billion years ago? 

Yeah that's one odd thing about the Panthers there was a portion of the fanbase who put a running back over a lot of other players and the good of the team. It's not really a dynamic that can be explained and I can't say I’ve ever seen another fanbase have fans who were so infatuated with an RB. All I can guess is they had their own selfish motives. But the trade worked out for both parties so that's all that matters.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

29 minutes ago, frankw said:

Look if Sam throws us inside the red zone and then we run it in you need to give him credit for that.

There's nothing wrong with running it in.

He throws a bomb while getting blasted with anticipation to DJ at the 8. That's how we got points.

• Pie 2

Just now, Catsfan69 said:

Look if Sam throws us inside the red zone and then we run it in you need to give him credit for that.

There's nothing wrong with running it in.

He throws a bomb while getting blasted with anticipation to DJ at the 8. That's how we got points.

I've given credit to Sam for his ability as a scrambler in and out of the pocket. He has ideal size to do this from time to time but he does not have the durability to do that on a regular basis I've gone over that with you before. And truth be told the reason he was running the ball against ATL and got injured was because our offensive staff was afraid of him throwing the ball. Or have you already forgotten that? We are still doing the same even now with McAdoo.

1 minute ago, frankw said:

I've given credit to Sam for his ability as a scrambler in and out of the pocket. He has ideal size to do this from time to time but he does not have the durability to do that on a regular basis I've gone over that with you before. And truth be told the reason he was running the ball against ATL and got injured was because our offensive staff was afraid of him throwing the ball. Or have you already forgotten that? We are still doing the same even now with McAdoo.

Did you watch the video posted in this thread? 

46 minutes ago, frankw said:

What a stupid take. "Wow, we can run at will against this team! We should try passing more!"

Too bad Tampa didn't do that last week. "Nobody is covering Mike Evans! We need to stop throwing to him!"

• Pie 2