• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Most Efficient Passing Game in the past 6 Weeks

Ghostface Chilla

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Just a heads up. You and another Sam Darnold fan are the only ones in this thread to have used the word trash in reference to him. I've been clear in my thoughts summarizing his current status and abilities. He can start some games for you and look okay to good or pretty good in spots but it does not last and you do not want to have to depend on him to win the game.That showed quite clearly against the Steelers and the Bucs. We lost to Mitch Trubisky and a 45 year old Tom Brady in two games where we needed those wins for a playoff push. Was all of it Sam's fault? No. Did he make some plays to help? Yes. Did he make enough plays? No. Did he contribute turnovers that hurt our chances? Yes. Can we do better at the position in the offseason? Yes. For all the positives his fans will list as reasons why he should get a chance to be the starter next year the one you guys don't want to cover is he cannot win games when the chips or down or when he hasn't had a lead all game thanks to an historic run game. He has not had a game winning drive in over 3 years now. Now if you want to immerse yourself in a fantasy where Darnold is a starting QB moving forward that is your right. But as I've said the proof is in the pudding.

Yeah that’s the thing no one is saying Sam can’t be a decent backup or is against him signed at a cheap price. The Sam fanboys get upset when he is rationally criticized and are afraid of AR or Levis so they are overhyping Sam. 

• Beer 1
  • The D 1

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah that’s the thing no one is saying Sam can’t be a decent backup or is against him signed at a cheap price. The Sam fanboys get upset when he is rationally criticized and are afraid of AR or Levis so they are overhyping Sam. 

Thats the thing for me.  What is cheap in regards to him?  And for how long. 

https://boardroom.tv/highest-paid-backup-qb-nfl-2022/

Edited by mrcompletely11

16 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Thanks mrcompletely for the pff link. I stand by my subjective opinion (same thing pff puts out) that Darnold had a starting QB level performance against the Bucs.

ForJimmy- I only hopped in this discussion bc posters (mrcompletely?) were indeed saying Sam isn’t even backup worthy. That’s calling him trash. 

I wouldn’t mind AR (late 1st with extra picks or 2nd/later). Levis would be a mistake and we’re better off with Darnold imo. I’ve only seen one game of Levis to go off though. 

Edited by ECHornet
  • Pie 1

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Thats the thing for me.  What is cheap in regards to him?  And for how long. 

https://boardroom.tv/highest-paid-backup-qb-nfl-2022/

2-3 years at 5-8 million with an out before the third year would be excellent for the team. There’s an argument he deserves more after his 2022 production. Best thing for us is he has his worst game of the season vs the Saints and signs for the low end of what I listed above. 

That would stabilize the QB room with a floor that can compete for the playoffs. Also provides the flexibility to go after a young QB (this draft and/or 2024) while seeing if Darnold can continue his progression. If we locate our future franchise QB, we could keep Darnold as a backup or trade him for draft capital to a QB needy team. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

Thanks mrcompletely for the pff link. I stand by my subjective opinion (same thing pff puts out) that Darnold had a starting QB level performance against the Bucs.

ForJimmy- I only hopped in this discussion bc posters (mrcompletely?) were indeed saying Sam isn’t even backup worthy. That’s calling him trash. 

I wouldn’t mind AR (late 1st with extra picks or 2nd/later). Levis would be a mistake and we’re better off with Darnold imo. I’ve only seen one game of Levis to go off though. 

One is an anonymous message board poster and the other is a subscription based website used by the nfl

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

One is an anonymous message board poster and the other is a subscription based website used by the nfl

Sure. 

Bozeman is listed as having a worse performance vs the Bucs according to that website used by the nfl. 

Do you hope Bozeman is resigned by the Panthers?

• Flames 1

10 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

So what are we wanting to do here? He looked like a solid game manager when our rushing attack was cruising. When it wasn’t he struggled. Are there really people that want him as our starter again next year? To those people when the game is in the line and he has to throw what do you think is going to happen?

He hasn't struggled. The defense absolutely failed in both losses and Sam was the only thing that kept us in the game.

It's like people don't have eyes.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Too much

Fair enough if that’s your opinion. You’re opposed to even giving Darnold 2 years at 5mil/year. I believe that would be an excellent signing by Fitterer. 

I’m pretty confident Darnold signs for more than that somewhere. Last time I was betting on a QB contract exceeding what others thought, I was wrong and Trubisky signed for cheap with the Bills. The next year, he landed the contract I expected though.

Just now, Catsfan69 said:

He hasn't struggled. The defense absolutely failed in both losses and Sam was the only thing that kept us in the game.

It's like people don't have eyes.

His PFF was 55. He fumbled threw a pick and nearly threw 2 more. DJ had to get OPI to stop one in what could have been a GWD. He has 3 attempts for a GWD and failed all 3 times because the pressure was on and the defense knew Sam had to pass. I get you REALLY want to be right, but he struggles under pressure and always has. You also said he would get us to the playoffs and guaranteed we would win the last 3 games. You might want to get off that Sam train and come back to reality before you look anymore foolish than you already do.

• Pie 2
  • The D 1

Some of those turnovers are not his fault, though.

The INT was his fault 100%.

The Bozeman snap misfire was Bozeman's (although I do fault Sam for not falling on the ball to at least retain possession). 

The other fumble was when he was blindsided because Ickey morphed into a turnstile at that point and Sam was going through his wind-up to throw and got hit.  

It wasn't like he had plenty of time where he just held onto the ball and then got strip-sacked.

Anyway, it's all a moot point.  

Panthers are once again playing out the string and at least they won't be messing up their draft position win or lose this sunday so I hope they "beat the brakes" (am i doing it right, @Jon Snow?) off the Taints.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 2