• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Harbaugh to Carolina Makes Too Much Sense...

chknwing

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It's probably a better plan than what we will actually end up doing.

That's the part that scares me.

Trusting in David Tepper's judgment and decision making is...a tall task.

No matter who he ends up picking, the first thought that's likely to go through my mind will be "Did we just make a huge mistake?" 😕

• Beer 2

I’d rather kick the tires on Ben Johnson than go with harbaugh.  Under harbaugh there was so much roster turnover in SF, it was so hard for them to have any continuity. Even a year after their Super Bowl appearance they only had 9 players left from that roster active the on game day. I understand players move on, but 44 players in a single season… that’s wild.

Edited by TheCasillas

9 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Or maybe you just have no idea what you are talking about? It wouldn't be the first time. We both know that.

Or maybe you are guilty of what you are accusing me. Just because you have no clue never stops you from acting like you do. Only thing is,  apparently what you don't know it is readily apparent to the rest of us. Doesn't even slow you down though.

1 minute ago, rebelrouser said:

Harbaugh meets w/ Tepper. Harbaugh makes statement he is likely returning to Michigan. What happened?

Most coaches are going to state they are likely to remain where they are until they accept a job somewhere else.  That's a lot of nothing.  Imagine him saying yeah he will probably be in the NFL and then the Vikings situation happens again and he has to return to Michigan embarrassed while addressing his players/coaches.

• Pie 2

15 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I’d rather kick the tires on Ben Johnson than go with harbaugh.  Under harbaugh there was so much roster turnover in SF, it was so hard for them to have any continuity. Even a year after their Super Bowl appearance they only had 9 players left from that roster active the on game day. I understand players move on, but 44 players in a single season… that’s wild.

Do you like Johnson over Steichen?

34 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

After listening to Biff Poggi on FNZ this morning I’m 100% on the Harbaugh train.

Poggi made it sound like Harbaugh isn’t looking for the perfect spot but wants to come back to the NFL for the unfinished business there….also money talks well more screams.

I have read he is fed up with the recent changes in the college game and wants to return to the nfl. The money and how much control he gets aren't the major issues.

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Do you like Johnson over Steichen?

I actually do. Hurts getting hurt showed some things about Steichen's offense and his decision making. I didnt want to admit it at the midpoint of the season, but i think I have come to terms that the Eagles offense is more Hurts (and talent) than it is Steichen.

I always believed Hurts was going to be a good (maybe great) QB in this league, and I was so convinced when we signed TB5 we were also going to draft Hurts. I believe Steichen helped Hurts grow but I dont believe he is the reason that Philly's offense is so special this year. 

The one thing that has stuck out to me about Johnson is his consistent ability to scheme players open and balance the run/pass game. He has a modern take on the west coast offense with a little bit of "run n gun" mixed in. The MOST impressive thing I've seen from Ben Johnson from week to week.... unique game plans based on their oponent. You dont see the same plays run over and over with the Lions outside of the inside handoff to Jamaal Williams from the 1, haha. 

I also believe with Ben serving some years under a coach like Campbell.. he has had to have picked up some good coaching habits along the way. I can't say the same for Steichen who really hasnt been under any true "leaders" in his career. I think Vance Joseph is as far as it goes for Steichen's branch. 

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Most coaches are going to state they are likely to remain where they are until they accept a job somewhere else.  That's a lot of nothing.  Imagine him saying yeah he will probably be in the NFL and then the Vikings situation happens again and he has to return to Michigan embarrassed while addressing his players/coaches.

The most common lie before leaving a college job is that you aren't leaving a college job.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I actually do. Hurts getting hurt showed some things about Steichen's offense and his decision making. I didnt want to admit it at the midpoint of the season, but i think I have come to terms that the Eagles offense is more Hurts (and talent) than it is Steichen.

I always believed Hurts was going to be a good (maybe great) QB in this league, and I was so convinced when we signed TB5 we were also going to draft Hurts. I believe Steichen helped Hurts grow but I dont believe he is the reason that Philly's offense is so special this year. 

The one thing that has stuck out to me about Johnson is his consistent ability to scheme players open and balance the run/pass game. He has a modern take on the west coast offense with a little bit of "run n gun" mixed in. The MOST impressive thing I've seen from Ben Johnson from week to week.... unique game plans based on their oponent. You dont see the same plays run over and over with the Lions outside of the inside handoff to Jamaal Williams from the 1, haha. 

I also believe with Ben serving some years under a coach like Campbell.. he has had to have picked up some good coaching habits along the way. I can't say the same for Steichen who really hasnt been under any true "leaders" in his career. I think Vance Joseph is as far as it goes for Steichen's branch. 

That is one of the things I miss about Joe Brady. He was much better at scheming open receivers than McAdoo. 

It would be nice to see a modern NFL offense here again.