• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

MNF: Bills vs. Bengals *game suspended* - prayers for Damar Hamlin

LinvilleGorge

3 minutes ago, Cullenator said:

The NFL is going to be raked over the fuging coals if they cant provide a minute by minute breakdown of this decision and the process to get there

This could be Goodell's undoing. Other than trying to force these guys back into the field the NFL couldn't have handled this any worse.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Cullenator said:

The NFL is going to be raked over the fuging coals if they cant provide a minute by minute breakdown of this decision and the process to get there

Oh you know they're not going to do that.

Got to "protect the shield" and all that sh-t.  🙄

Just now, t96 said:

I think it was them initially, definitely looked like it when Taylor went to talk to McD just after the refs were signaling for the game to restart and players started warming up. I'm sure the final call to officially suspend/postpone came from Goodell though.

oh I think the game was, for all practical intents and purposes, over for ~half an hour before Goodell did whatever he finally did. The players were not continuing.

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if the league tried to pressure the teams into plying and they said no. 

That was one of the scariest things I’ve seen maybe ever on live tv outside of war correspondence. 

Wasn't watching live, because after we lost yesterday I just kind of zoned football out, but then I logged on Facebook and saw some posts and it seemed like much more concern than usual for an injury.  From the stuff I saw posted, I figured it was a neck injury, so I googled it and saw it on Twitter almost immediately after and it was absolutely horrifying to watch.  So scary to see.

Prayers for complete healing and restoration for Hamlin.  I really hope he's able to recover and live a long, healthy, fully functional life.

Also, the NFL handled it exactly as I would expect.  Complete dirtbags that treat their players as nothing more than prized cattle.  Disgusting. 

17 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

The only way for the NFL to survive is to make it a more finesse sport. The bigger, stronger, faster mentality has pushed biology to its limits. If you don’t play QB or Kicker you are going to get brain damage playing the game, not to mention the linemen destroying their knees and stressing their hearts and organs with abnormal weight gain.

I agree with you, but it may be a time to reflect on ourselves as a viewing market too. Many people have a different definition of "real" football, "smashmouth" football, "hit you in the mouth" football, etc. Many hate the rules protecting QBs because it makes the game "too soft". Many complain about the rules focusing on wide open offense that "legislates defense out of the game". We do at some point have to ask ourselves honestly if what happened tonight was always something we thought could happen but hope never did? We are an optimistic species overall, but it may be time to check if that's still appropriate now.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

oh I think the game was, for all practical intents and purposes, over for ~half an hour before Goodell did whatever he finally did. The players were not continuing.

I imagine the coaches and players made it clear to the refs at least that they were not going to continue. Roger should have immediately called it. 

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

If you have any decency at all, seeing the emotion on these men's faces during all of this before he's put in the ambulance, you know this game is done. As soon as that ambulance was out of the stadium they should have called it. 

• Pie 2

Just now, Davidson Deac II said:

Or perhaps a combination of the players/coaches.  

From what's been reported, the league told them they needed to get ready to play again in five minutes. Zac Taylor went over to the Bills sideline to talk to Sean McDermott. The two of them agreed they weren't going back out there and took their players back to the locker room.

2 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Pretty much. A guy is on the field fighting for his life. No one really gives a poo about doritos or mountain dew.

I don't drink Mountain Dew in the first place.

Doritos?   No longer buying any. 

F-CK OFF!  (Doritos, I mean...not you)

• Pie 1