• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dream HC/OC/DC Combination For Next Year?(Elimated From Playoffs Edition)

Asaria

Haven't made one of these posts since Week 2, and as I currently sit at home being miserable from another Lost Season plus a battle with the flu, I thought it be fun to look ahead and see who everyone wants for the HC/OC/DC next year.

Back in Week 2, I wanted Ken Dorsey for HC, Shane Day for OC and Vic Fangio for DC.

Now....

Head Coach: Kellan Moore, OC of Dallas Cowboys: This will likely be a unpopular choice around here, especially since people like the shiny new toys in Philly and Detroit. While there is merit to that, I feel like the reason Moore has been overlooked is because he simply hasn't gotten a job yet, so people automatically assume something is wrong with him. However, compared to other young hot Offensive Cordinators, Moore has been at this for a few years, and every year he has made Dallas's offense into one of the best in the league. People will howl over playing down to competition, and that is true, but when your HC is Mike McCarthy and your QB is one of the most overrated in all of football, I tend to give him a pass. In Dallas, Moore likes to use a 2 back set with Zeke and Pollard, so I can easily see him wanting to keep Foreman and Chubba. With the run established, he either likes going Play action, or keeping the running backs in the backfield to block. I think Moore would be the safest OC pick to make Head Coach, and could even have connections to attract certain free agents here.

Offensive Coordinator: Shane Day, QB Coach of Los Angeles Chargers: So I'll be honest, I think there's a good chance Moore would keep McAdoo on as OC for the sole reason I would expect Moore to be the one calling the plays and running the scheme. Combined with McAdoo working as a assistant under Moore in Dallas, I could see McAdoo being a OC in name only, retained simply to have a bridge between Moore and the locker room. However, in a dream scenario I would love to have Shane Day, the QB coach of LAC. As I posted in Week 2, the work he has done with Herbert has been phenomenal;  In the 2021 Season, Herbert had 31 TD. 10 INT and 4,336 yards his Rookie Year, before his numbers shot up to 38 TD, 15 INT, and 5,014 in his first year under Day. So far this year, Herbert has 4,466 Yards, 23 TD and 10 INT with 2 games left. While the INT numbers are concerning, I also think its a product of Herberts gunslinger style.

Defensive Coordinator: Al Harris; Secondary Coach of Dallas Cowboys: In all honesty, I wanted Vic Fangio again for this position, but with reports that he's tied to the hip of Sean Payton, I don't see that happening now. So instead, I'll go with someone that Moore would now well, and that is the current DB coach of the Cowboys, Al Harris. Harris spent 13 seasons in the league as a player himself, earning All Pro honors in 2007, and Pro Bowl Berths in 2007 and 2008. Harris has been a coach in the league since 2012, and while he has the blemish of being fired by Andy Reid(Alongside the entire Defensive coaching staff) after 2020, the work has done with the secondary in Dallas can't be ignored. Trevon Diggs has turned into a interception machine, and it makes my mouth water to think what Horn and perhaps even Henderson could become under him. Assuming he uses the scheme Quinn runs, we would run a 4-3 hybrid set, so we will absolutely need to get an edge opposite of Burns to fully maximize its potential.