• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The letdown is disappointing but it's good for the future

LinvilleGorge

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, it sucks. But this has to happen. We can't afford to give away 10+ draft spots to win this trash division and get blasted at home in the wildcard round. Love Wilks, but I don't think he's the answer long-term. Darnold seems like a great dude and he can look great at times but any reasonable person realizes he's not the long-term answer.

This organization needs a total reset. Lucking into winning an all-time putrid division would've been a massive setback for the future. It's about the future. There's a lot to work with on the roster. We need a QB, another pass rusher, CB depth, and another WR opposite Moore. That's a lot better than this time last year when it looked like we needed a whole damn football organization. 

Agree 100%

Yeah, it sucks. But this has to happen. We can't afford to give away 10+ draft spots to win this trash division and get blasted at home in the wildcard round. Love Wilks, but I don't think he's the answer long-term. Darnold seems like a great dude and he can look great at times but any reasonable person realizes he's not the long-term answer.

This organization needs a total reset. Lucking into winning an all-time putrid division would've been a massive setback for the future. It's about the future. There's a lot to work with on the roster. We need a QB, another pass rusher, CB depth, and another WR opposite Moore. That's a lot better than this time last year when it looked like we needed a whole damn football organization. 

Probably the smartest thing to pass this board in a hot minute. 

5 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

Not accusing you, for clarification.  Some others on this board though…

If I'm sold on Young or Stroud after thorough evaluation, I'm definitely calling the Bears. But three 1sts and a 3rd? Nah, I'm gonna punt on that. You gotta be convinced you're getting a slam dunk HOFer to make that trade.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If I'm sold on Young or Stroud after thorough evaluation, I'm definitely calling the Bears. But three 1sts and a 3rd? Nah, I'm gonna punt on that. You gotta be convinced you're getting a slam dunk HOFer to make that trade.

That sounds too rich for anyone's blood, tbh.

But here's another Question for you :

After what we've seen, is it beneficial to keep Sam as a backup/Bridge or dump him?  

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Losing to NO would be the absolute most Panthers thing we could do.

It'll happen just like the last couple years and there will be folks here pounding their chests about the meaningless win over the Saints while the Saints say thank you because their FO is smart enough to not win a meaningless game.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I got caught up in the hype and really wanted that NCFS title, but you are right. Reset is in order. 

• Pie 1