• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Them Crooked Vultures

Jangler

Them Crooked Vultures (abbreviated as TCV) is a rock music supergroup that formed in Los Angeles, California in 2009. Made up of drummer Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Probot, Queens of the Stone Age, Scream), vocalist and guitarist Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age, Kyuss, Eagles of Death Metal) and bassist and keyboardist John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin), the band also features Alain Johannes (What Is This?, Eleven, Queens of the Stone Age) as a live rhythm guitarist.[1] The band's self-titled debut album was released on November 16, 2009 in the UK and November 17, 2009 in the US.

• 2 months later...

I saw them pre-release at a small venue when I was down south in LA. We were joking about Dave looking like Dave Grohl and my buddies nephew (who knows him) had him come to us and chat.

Dave is a really, really nice guy and he ribbed us about our comments that he "looked like a Dave Grohl wanna be and wasn't good enough to carry Dave's drumsticks", :lol:

He sent us the album about 3 weeks before it dropped and it became one of my instant favorites....

Grohl was the most talented guy in Nirvana, hands down. Everyone that has met him as a fan or as another famous people say he's a good guy. He's lent his studio to bands to help them record and all of this. He'll go play drums in a band like this one to just have fun. And he's pretty respected in the music business too and seems to be pretty good on the business end.

Archived