• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So the Titans giving up on Malik Willis already?

GoobyPls

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not a Corral booster, but it is fair to point out that some of the same folks saying we need to withhold judgment on Willis after multiple games played and started have already conclusively written off Corral based on a few series in preseason.

From what I’ve seen Corral isn’t getting written off due to potential as much as current situation. Was drafted by coach who is fired in the third round and has been on IR all year. It’s just going to be tough for him due to those circumstances. It’s why many mocks have us taking a QB and the Titans not drafting one.

12 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Cautionary tale of not selecting inaccurate QBs hoping that changes.  I am looking at you AR15

Looks like Willis was 62.4% completion rate in college. I think Bryce Young is in the 65% range and is considered one of the more accurate ones. To me it’s more to do with the system they run in college. Both Corral and Willis ran a RPO which was mostly a one read offense. It’s a big adjustment to go from that to a NFL offense. Bryce Young for example is running a NFL offense where he goes through progressions and makes reads.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

From what I’ve seen Corral isn’t getting written off due to potential as much as current situation. Was drafted by coach who is fired in the third round and has been on IR all year. It’s just going to be tough for him due to those circumstances. It’s why many mocks have us taking a QB and the Titans not drafting one.

Well Matt Rhule said anything that didn’t work out his hands where tied it was Fitt he didn’t know he didn’t have seven years he wanted to do good things but was vetoed by bad things nothing is his fault. 

And I have every reason to believe his words. 

Therefore Corral is a Fitt guy. Unless he balls out next year then he was a Rhule guy from the start. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Well Matt Rhule said anything that didn’t work out his hands where tied it was Fitt he didn’t know he didn’t have seven years he wanted to do good things but was vetoed by bad things nothing is his fault. 

And I have every reason to believe his words. 

Therefore Corral is a Fitt guy. Unless he balls out next year then he was a Rhule guy from the start. 

Oh Rhule how we will miss his antics....

Even is Corral is a Fitt guy, the new HC is probably going to want his guy at the QB position.  Even if it's WIlks he will want to pick his QB.  One his major issues with the Cardinals was how they forced Rosen on him when he wanted to trade up for Allen.