• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are we a ten win team with wilks from day one?

RumHam

The Browns game was literally stolen from us.

The Giants game was very winnable with better coaching.

Rams game could have been a win but what could we expect with all the turmoil of that week.  I don’t hang this loss on Wilkes.

The first Falcons game should have been a win.

In summary, I think Wilkes could have added a win at NY and I think he coached a win at Atlanta that Eddie fugged up.  Add the robbery from Cleveland and I believe we could easily have three more wins putting us at 9-6 in actual strength, 10-5 if you think the Rams game had more to do with the change and less to do with actual capability.  I think we are the best team in the NFCS and certainly better than our record.  

We set franchise records today for rushing and total yards, that’s nothing to smirk about.  We’re a streaky team for sure and as Panthers fans we’re all conditioned for a let down.  We could be peaking at the right time though.  I now have hope and the team has been entertaining, that’s a remarkable turnaround from Rhules last week here.

Edited by Newtcase
  • Pie 2

Wilks has already accomplished more in half a season than Rhule in his 2 years here. We've never won more than 5 games per season. We've got 6 wins, that is progress but everyone needs to slow their roll.

Last week everyone was asking for Wilks to be fired, this week he is our savior? Let's reevaluate at the end of the season. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, PghPanther said:

To get their heads bashed in against the Steelers and then turnaround and do that to the Lions...........you just don't know what team you end up with week to week with this outfit.

That's not a model for success...........

It’s hard to know what to think. Some of it might be that this team is still very young and learning how to win for the first time. Two years of Rhule certainly didnt help them.

They won in Seattle, fell back on bad habits and got stomped by the Steelers, prepped hard again and got a win.

3 minutes ago, Tbe said:

It’s hard to know what to think. Some of it might be that this team is still very young and learning how to win for the first time. Two years of Rhule certainly didnt help them.

They won in Seattle, fell back on bad habits and got stomped by the Steelers, prepped hard again and got a win.

It appears to me that they are starting to figure out their identity and what they are capable of.

Under Rhule they didn't have that trust or clarity of purpose. They also didn't have any leadership that could speak from experience to guide them. 

What you see is a young team coming together.  You see a experienced NFL coach getting a you team to believe in itself. You see a young team that trusts and believes in the coach.  Something that's been missing for quite some time.  Will it be enough to overcome the obstacles ahead of them? It's a tall order.

• Pie 2

Wilks deserves to be the coach going forward imho. And I have little doubt we'd already be a playoff team had it been so from the beginning of the season.

An aside, and although it's not in the realm of very realistic possibility, I love to imagine the scenario where we win the Super Bowl, and all the pro-tankers have to acknowledge that they spent the whole year hoping for losses from their favorite team that ultimately wound up as champs.

giphy.gif

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

14 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

We beat the Giants and Browns with Wilks. I would even go as far as to say Sam would have beaten the Rams and the Ravens had he started.

I'm not sure on these two - keep in mind, Sam was coming off an injury. Not even sure he was off IR by the Rams game but he would have had huge rust. A lot of his success yesterday was owed to him being brought along slowly.

It does look like McAdoo knows how to handle a young QB.