• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Mcadoo developing Darnold??

WOW!!

1 minute ago, frankw said:

If Sam is going to become a guy it's going to be with his arm we've already seen what running like Cam Newton did for him against the Falcons in Atlanta. Remind me how many games he missed from that hit? In this league you've got to be able to get the ball in the end zone with your arm too.

Right which is my argument against Fields Lamar and maybe Richardson although I will take Varking and Nat's word that he's not as bad as he looks.

But nothing wrong with passing us inside the 10 and giving it to a back.

Jerome Bettis and Emmitt say hi.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

And drafted Mahomes in the 1st anyway. They didn't rest on their Alex Smith laurels.

You inadvertently produced a great example of why you don't settle. And Alex Smith was considerably better than Darnold.

Drafted Mahomes in the first after winning. With Alex Smith. You're missing this part because you're so marred by the fact we're not tanking. That's not an option. 

Did you forget how absolutely dogshit Alex Smith was before Harbaugh? Like man pre-HarbaughAlex Smith woulda been dogged worse than Goff lbr. It wasn't until *gasp* he was put into a winning situation that he developed! 

Edited by Rags
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

And you;saw how they dropped him like a bad habit the second they could

Yes, I did.

"second they could." is the key here. They didn't rush. They didn't try to fit a square peg in a round hole. They built around Alex Smith then put Mahomes in that system, now they're building around Mahomes.

Edited by Rags

Darnold has a few things going for him, he’s young, athletic with a strong arm, has decent mechanics and can make all the NFL throws. 

His negatives have been all mental.

He looks more comfortable than I have ever seen him. I still think it’s hard to tell how much he’s limited by McAdoo’s putrid passing scheme.  

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Rags said:

Drafted Mahomes in the first after winning. With Alex Smith. You're missing this part because you're so marred by the fact we're not tanking. That's not an option. 

Did you forget how absolutely dogshit Alex Smith was before Harbaugh? Like man pre-HarbaughAlex Smith woulda been dogged worse than Goff lbr. It wasn't until *gasp* he was put into a winning situation that he developed! 

I wanna be the Chiefs. Draft a QB even though you have a decent performing vet. I wanna be the Niners. Make a bold move to go get your guy and have the roster to absorb the hit even if it doesn't work out.

I don't want to be one of the myriad of teams trying to figure out how to win despite their deficiency at QB. If you want to compete for Super Bowls you need a dude at QB. Not some JAG. You mentioned the Rams and Gurley earlier but it was adding Stafford and his nearly 5999 yards and 40+ TDs that got them a SB. 

5 minutes ago, NAS said:

Darnold has a few things going for him, he’s young, athletic with a strong arm, has decent mechanics and can make all the NFL throws. 

His negatives have been all mental.

He looks more comfortable than I have ever seen him. I still think it’s hard to tell how much he’s limited by McAdoo’s putrid passing scheme.  

If we get put in a situation where we have to throw to try to win down the stretch we'll find out. I know where my money is. If I'm wrong, awesome. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Yeah he's great

Career 200yds a game. 

He also averages over 60 yards rushing a game. It’s part of his game. You said lamar couldn’t make that throw. He’s made that throw. He can make all the throws that Darnold can make and more. Like I can’t even believe I’m arguing this right now lamar vs Darnold lol

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wanna be the Chiefs. Draft a QB even though you have a decent performing vet. I wanna be the Niners. Make a bold move to go get your guy and have the roster to absorb the hit even if it doesn't work out.

I don't want to be one of the myriad of teams trying to figure out how to win despite their deficiency at QB. If you want to compete for Super Bowls you need a dude at QB. Not some JAG. You mentioned the Rams and Gurley earlier but it was adding Stafford and his nearly 5999 yards and 40+ TDs that got them a SB. 

AND adding Jalen Ramsey and Von Miller. AND replacing Gurely w/ Cooper Kupp. And again, that team lost because they lost their identity. Regardless of position, that's tough. If Gurley doesn't have arthritis that's a different game, that's a different Rams team that STILL ended up playing that game close. If McCourty doesn't make an elite deflection the Rams seriously might win that game.

We're not in a position where we really can be anything else but a team trying to figure out their answer at QB. There's no easy answer. There's no easy bake Mahomes, Rodgers, Allen or Brady. Even Stroud or that Alabama kid i'm blanking on aren't guarantees, just safer bets. Zach Wilson went #2 overall and he has worse processing speed in college than Darnold ever has.

All we can do is look at ways to replicate our success, and ways to suport it and make it stronger.   Do you think Mahomes is as good as he is without Kelce? Without Hill? And do you think THEY'RE as good as they are without Smith, Reid and their success? 

Edited by Rags