• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Mcadoo developing Darnold??

WOW!!

4 minutes ago, gorillamilitia13 said:

At this rate we won’t be drafting stroud or bryce and I’d rather run it back with Darnold next season. Get some pieces around him and maybe he can turn into our Jimmy G.

A guy getting outplayed by a 7th round rookie? That's the goal?

Damn, I know we've sucked for years but some of y'all are developing some rock bottom copium goals.

5 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

You're upfront.

You're also being dishonest due to your bias and hatred.

You can't acknowledge he played well. 

That's false I already acknowledged him in another thread. The truth of the matter is you and a few other Darnold extremists on this board hurt his cause with your malarkey. He had some good throws and played well enough to win. He only put up 7 points though and had a run game put up 300 yards against the Lions. We do not get to play Detroit on repeat like Madden all the way to the Super Bowl. We have to play good teams with very good QB's and that means Sam has to put points on the board. Our red zone passing efficiency really isn't at all impressive. You need that to compete with playoff teams. Darnold has to show he can hang with the best at his position throw for throw. That hasn't happened.

2 minutes ago, gorillamilitia13 said:

At this rate we won’t be drafting stroud or bryce and I’d rather run it back with Darnold next season. Get some pieces around him and maybe he can turn into our Jimmy G.

You guys are absolutely fuging insane.   Run it back with Sam fuging darnold?   I smoke weed but it’s obviously not strong enough 

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

In a perfect world yes. They also don’t have a qb. You’re simping for Darnold while shitting on qbs like Lamar. Who won a fuging mvp. It’s very transparent.

I don't think Lamar is a great passer.

Did you see that pass yesterday. Not everyone can do that. Sam has the physical tools. 

Let's fix his brain

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Winning a putrid division shouldn't be the goal. The next NFC South team to figure out the QB position is setup to dominate until the rest of the division does the same. I want to be that team.

Getting to the playoffs should be the goal. Once the playoffs happen thats when its more about matchups, not just who has the shiniest QB.

Yes, Darnold being a playoff choker is a real possibility, but that's true of...literally any QB. Sam could be Joe Flacco in the playoffs for all we know. Unlikely, but he's shown resilience throughout his entire NFL career, so its possible. There's been plenty of 1st round great QBs that blow chunks in the playoffs. 

The QB situation in the NFCS is weak right now, hell the NFC is weak rn. We should take advantage of that but that shouldn't come at the cost of planning for the future. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

That's false I already acknowledged him in another thread. The truth of the matter is you and a few other Darnold extremists on this board hurt his cause with your malarkey. He had some good throws and played well enough to win. He only put up 7 points though and had a run game put up 300 yards against the Lions. We do not get to play Detroit on repeat like Madden all the way to the Super Bowl. We have to play good teams with very good QB's and that means Sam has to put points on the board. Our red zone passing efficiency really isn't at all impressive. You need that to compete with playoff teams. Darnold has to show he can hang with the best at his position throw for throw. That hasn't happened.

7 pts? What are you talking about Willis?

Threw a td.

Had a td dropped 

Ran for a td

Passed us down close and I think Foreman scored.

Ran us down close and made a great pitch play.

He threw for 250

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Rags said:

Getting to the playoffs should be the goal. Once the playoffs happen thats when its more about matchups, not just who has the shiniest QB.

Yes, Darnold being a playoff choker is a real possibility, but that's true of...literally any QB. Sam could be Joe Flacco in the playoffs for all we know. Unlikely, but he's shown resilience throughout his entire NFL career, so its possible. There's been plenty of 1st round great QBs that blow chunks in the playoffs. 

The QB situation in the NFCS is weak right now, hell the NFC is weak rn. We should take advantage of that but that shouldn't come at the cost of planning for the future. 

Building the best possible team should be the goal. It starts with QB.

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

We are not winning poo consistently with a system qb.  You need a damn flame thrower to win in the playoffs.   And building your team to win a shitty division is short sighted and moronic.   

i'd love to build a franchise that always wins and never loses and plan for 10 seasons ahead. That is not feasible in any sport and especially not the NFL. Saying "Put Darnold in a situation to succede next season." also has the added benefit of being a system that another QB can take advantage of if he blows. How's that short sighted? How is that any better or worse than "Draft a QB hope they're elite and never lose!"?

Also, I'd love to get your input on a system QB. Because I'm gonna say "Jalen Hurts is a system QB" and see what happens.

4 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

7 pts? What are you talking about Willis?

Threw a td.

Had a td dropped 

Ran for a td

Passed us down close and I think Foreman scored.

Ran us down close and made a great pitch play.

He threw for 250

If Sam is going to become a guy it's going to be with his arm we've already seen what running like Cam Newton did for him against the Falcons in Atlanta. Remind me how many games was it he missed from that hit? In this league you've got to be able to get the ball in the end zone with your arm too.

Edited by frankw

5 minutes ago, Rags said:

Consistent success should be the goal 

Edited by mrcompletely11