• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Mcadoo developing Darnold??

WOW!!

48 minutes ago, Rags said:

I like Richardson a ton, he's kinda who I'm leaning towards because honestly I think he might end up a R1 (mid-late realistically but if DJ can go top 10...) and if he does, you gotta play him sooner rather than later, and I can envision a future where he hits in this offense we have right now. 

However like I said, to act like his or Levis' floor arent insanely low is wild. They're both lower than Sam's based on the fact they have no NFL experience, let alone success, and already have bigger question marks than Sam did coming out.  Even if even if my most optimistic ceiling for him is "Better Ryan Tannehill", it's still something you can win with, you just have to improve your offense around him, because you're not always gonna be playing the Broncos, Seahawks and Lions.

Oh, he's boom or bust for sure. I'm all the way out on Levis. At some point we have to start swinging. I think Richardson has the highest ceiling in the draft. But yeah, he might bust. If he does, keep swinging. But you absolutely can't settle for subpar. Mediocrity becomes your ceiling.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Oh, he's boom or bust for sure. I'm all the way out on Levis. At some point we have to start swinging. I think Richardson has the highest ceiling in the draft. But yeah, he might bust. If he does, keep swinging. But you absolutely can't settle for subpar. Mediocrity becomes your ceiling.

If Sam continues on this trajectory Richardson would never catch up to him.

Do you want to draft a guy in the 1st just to make him trade bait?

• Poo 1

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I agree on Richardson's ceiling with how the NFL is tending. He's doing what Darnold is doing but with an infinitely higher ceiling. My problem isn't just the bust part, i can live with that. It's what it'll do to the team if he DOESN'T fit. D.J.'s getting older. Moton's getting older. Brian's gonna have to be paid for better or worse. Ickey, Horn and DBs contracts will creep up. Missing now hurts more than anything else. That's not even counting the problems on offense he won't solve, he's more limited as a passer than Sam.

Mediocrity becomes your ceiling when you become content with what you have. We shouldn't be. We should accept where we are and plan for it. We have nothing but risky dice rolls at QB moving forward. And one of those options is moving forward with a 2nd contract QB and acquiring talent around him to bolster his strengths and mask his weaknesses. 

Edited by Rags

12 minutes ago, Rags said:

I agree on Richardson's ceiling with how the NFL is tending. He's doing what Darnold is doing but with an infinitely higher ceiling. My problem isn't just the bust part, i can live with that. It's what it'll do to the team if he DOESN'T fit. D.J.'s getting older. Moton's getting older. Brian's gonna have to be paid for better or worse. Ickey, Horn and DBs contracts will creep up. Missing now hurts more than anything else. That's not even counting the problems on offense he won't solve, he's more limited as a passer than Sam.

Mediocrity becomes your ceiling when you become content with what you have. We shouldn't be. We should accept where we are and plan for it. We have nothing but risky dice rolls at QB moving forward. And one of those options is moving forward with a 2nd contract QB and acquiring talent around him to bolster his strengths and mask his weaknesses. 

Drafting a bust QB doesn't set you back. It's the refusing to move on from a bust QB that sets you back. If he busts, move on.

22 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

If Sam continues on this trajectory Richardson would never catch up to him.

Do you want to draft a guy in the 1st just to make him trade bait?

What trajectory? We are running an offense that outright de-emphasizes the QB position. Some of y'all or grossly overstating this "development". Darnold is doing a great job running a backup QB offense. He's on the trajectory of having a long career as a backup. Which isn't a terrible thing but he is not a long-term starter. We're running this offense for a reason.

• Pie 1

We could have Cheddar Bob behind center and still people like Catsfan69 would somehow find a way to hype him up like he's a future hall of famer. Meanwhile he detests mobile QB's with a few notable exceptions like Steve Young and Joe Montana. He's pretty upfront with the motivations behind his reasoning.

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What trajectory? We are running an offense that outright de-emphasizes the QB position. Some of y'all or grossly overstating this "development". Darnold is doing a great job running a backup QB offense. He's on the trajectory of having a long career as a backup. Which isn't a terrible thing but he is not a long-term starter. We're running this offense for a reason.

Is Sam way better than last year?

Most would say yes.

So if he improves again by this margin next year he's top 12.

Do it one more time and he's top 8.

In 2 years we have a top 8 qb.

Richardson will never be able to make that throw Sam made to DJ on the sideline. Sam has more arm talent. 

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

We ran for 21 yards vs. the Steelers. We threw 23 times.

The offensive game plan boils down to "don't let Darnold throw the game away".

The whole team got their ass kicked by the Steelers. 

Both lines completely decimated. 

The defense was terrible. 11min drive.

We lost by one score. GTFOH pinning that on Sam.

5 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Is Sam way better than last year?

Most would say yes.

So if he improves again by this margin next year he's top 12.

Do it one more time and he's top 8.

In 2 years we have a top 8 qb.

Richardson will never be able to make that throw Sam made to DJ on the sideline. Sam has more arm talent. 

When we actually come out and run an offense that doesn't intentionally de-emphasize the QB and he plays well then we'll have something to talk about.

13 minutes ago, frankw said:

We could have Cheddar Bob behind center and still people like Catsfan69 would somehow find a way to hype him up like he's a future hall of famer. Meanwhile he detests mobile QB's with a few notable exceptions like Steve Young and Joe Montana. He's pretty upfront with the motivations behind his reasoning.

You're upfront.

You're also being dishonest due to your bias and hatred.

You can't acknowledge he played well.