• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watching Zach Wilson play reminds me EXACTLY of Corral

DMathematics

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

It isn’t logical but why does the OL matter in this case? Corral was playing against people who were cut as well. I don’t see the OP’s comparison at all, but one thing I will agree on is that Corral did look awful and like he didn’t belong out there. After watching Wilson last night (off today so watched every minute), I will say that he did remind me of Corral in preseason just in that both didn’t look like they had “it” when you watched them play.

To @hepcat’s post, I agree that Wilson’s arm and draft workout had some amazing throws and that’s what elevated him. It would be like PJ Walker making that once in a lifetime Hail Mary throw to DJ in the Atlanta game during his draft workout and becoming pick #2 instead of a late or later round pick because of the throw. I remember all my tank for Trevor posts and I always considered Fields as our consolation prize at pick 2 because until those crazy workout videos, I didn’t even know Wilson or Lance were considered that high.

Tanking for trevor would have been insanely easy for us but rhules going rhule

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, stbugs said:

There’s no doubt in my mind we take a QB. While I disagree with Fitterer not taking the Burns trade, people have a point that he’s fighting for his job and doesn’t want picks he may not make. In that same vein, Fitterer is not going into a decision year on his job with Corral as his QB.

Those picks would have helped if we wanted to move up in this draft

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, stbugs said:

It really should have been and with the gutted years Rhule dealt with at Temple and Baylor, I thought for sure that’s they way he’d go and the stars were aligned. We had our Weinke/Clausen in Grier, we had a ton of leaving vets to get 4 comp picks including a 3rd for Bradberry (we should have kept him over Shaq, thanks Marty), we had a ton of cap space off the books in Cam with the chance to roll it over until we’re competitive because we spent to the limit in the prior years and we had the unique opportunity to get Trevor at a time where Brees and Brady will retire and Ryan gets older.

It honestly was perfect timing. The biggest problem was we hired the wrong coach and still has Marty. I have no doubt that those two idiots never had the foresight to come up with a real plan. 

Please man please don't get me started on that.   But the absolute biggest thing is that nobody would have cared.  Rhule would have had a gimme year and nobody would have batted an eye lash even if we went winless.   But that stupid motherfuger thought he could win year 1 with a poo roster.   fug rhule

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Wilson is a prime example that you can't fix what's between the ears. The guy has legit top tier physical talent but he doesn't have a QB's mind. You can't fix it.

This, his aloof attitude and inability to personally take blame for playing terrible is a huge red flag as well.  

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Shocker said:

This, his aloof attitude and inability to personally take blame for playing terrible is a huge red flag as well.  

There's very well a connection there. I can't imagine he's very coachable or does much if any self reflection about his play and how to improve it. 

Darnold has the same mental problem in that his brain just doesn't function like a QB. But he's developing into a decent game manager and very well may end up having a long career as a backup because he's willing to be that game manager and he has a good attitude and he's a good guy in the locker room. He's becoming everything you want in a vet backup. Now do Zach Wilson...

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1