• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How many openings this year?

ladypanther

I could easily see Hackett in Denver, Allen in Nawlins, and Lovie in Houston all getting the axe.  Kingsbury might be on borrowed time, too, despite his (stupid) extension before the start of the year.

I think the Raidahs are too cash poor to fire McDaniels, but he deserves it.  LaFleur has probably earned his pink slip in Green Bay, too.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

10 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I could easily see Hackett in Denver, Allen in Nawlins, and Lovie in Houston all getting the axe.  Kingsbury might be on borrowed time, too, despite his (stupid) extension before the start of the year.

I think the Raidahs are too cash poor to fire McDaniels, but he deserves it.  LaFleur has probably earned his pink slip in Green Bay, too.

I’m not even sure they could afford an ad on Indeed.

• Pie 1

32 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I could see the Texans, Cards, Broncos, and Saints also firing their coaches. 

We have talent and as long as we don't win the division we'll have a shot a top tier QB in the draft. I think we are on the top end of the enticing situations list. 

We'll see

I’d add the Bucs as well. Arians leaving and the offense falling off a cliff is 100 percent on Bowles and Leftwich. 
I wouldn’t blame Brady if he said “No Thanks” to coming back if Bowles returns. 
Saints and Bucs HC hires are still incredibly confusing.
Two coaches who failed miserably at there old HC jobs and you give them the reins to your team?  
Hilarious. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Might add the Colts, depending on whether you believe Irsay will hold on to Jeff Saturday.

Assumed the Colts.

58 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I tell you I thought there would not be that many after the number of openings last year but there are a lot more than you think.

he believes Pete and Sean McVay retire.

Can't see McVay going out on such a sour note.  Pete Carrol?? What would he do with himself and all that energy...lol. Commanders?  Who is going to fire Rivera...the GM reports to him. Snyder's not going to get a decent HC to come to that sht show..  Might take a new owner to clean house if that ever happens.

Chargers would get Payton.  Done deal. I think Payton's recent statements and availability sealed Staley's fate. Doesn't he live in SoCal now?

Bucs...how often to teams only give their HC 1 year? Lots of injuries on that team make a good excuse.

Hackett has just been bad in Denver, surprised he lasted the year.

Edited by ladypanther

Should but maybe won't - Panthers, Saints, Arizona, Colts and Texans. They all probably should but all have a reason to not pull the triggers. 

Maybe - Bucs, Broncos, Rams, Chargers, Commies, Browns and Seattle could happen but it's only a guess at this point. Ron probably gets another year until they have new ownership and we have all seen that run it's course already. Who the hell wants to go to Denver now? No one good so they should probably suck it up and roll with Hackett while brining in a Wilks for the probable end to that massive failure and eating another year of hell they did to themselves. Same for the Browns and the Watson debacle. 

6 teams make the move this offseason is my guess. 

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Was going to post Chargers. They couldn’t be much more disappointing considering their talent. Staley is 17-14 with a great roster and he’s gotten really lucky with bad decisions not causing losses like going for it on 4th and giving the Browns a shot to win (unlike against us, they didn’t make a shorter FG to win).

If they had a top notch coach they’d be an annual SB competitor.

I think the argument for Staley is that he was down 65% of his starting roster for about 8 weeks this year, and he is still down about 20% right now. It will be his saving grace.

3 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I could see the Texans, Cards, Broncos, and Saints also firing their coaches. 

We have talent and as long as we don't win the division we'll have a shot a top tier QB in the draft. I think we are on the top end of the enticing situations list. 

We'll see

Probably. 

We should have a jump on everyone. I hope it matters.