• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Kaye, Observer comment on Wilks support

raleigh-panther

7 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

See, I don't get this. IMO counting Zona against him is a little unfair. He was set up to fail. They wanted Kingsbury.

So all we really have to go on is what he's done here. And to make any definitive statements now seems a tad disingenuous. 

He has a team with limitations. Maybe he is coaching that way to mitigate mistakes?

There is a possibility that given a well-rounded team, with a competent OC, that he may coach in a different manner.

If he is here next year. I hope he is given a QB, and a competent OC. IMO, that would be a team to reckon with.

I may be misremembering but when Wilks took over the defensive coordinator position during Ron's reign the defense took a huge step backwards didn't it?  I mean if you are in over your head in your specialty why would you make a good head coach?  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Paa Langfart said:

I may be misremembering but when Wilks took over the defensive coordinator position during Ron's reign the defense took a huge step backwards didn't it?  I mean if you are in over your head in your specialty why would you make a good head coach?  

Wilks Defense was good enough to get him a HC gig. So if you are saying he didn't deserve that, then you have to admit he was pretty much a Rooney hire, and set up to fail. Because he was pretty much underqualified to be a HC at that time.

At this time. He has a young team believing in itself. With a ragtag team of QBs, and an OC who just doesn't seem to get it.

I'm not saying I specifically want Wilks. But he wouldn't be the worst hire we . could make. 

10 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

You are correct. Lots of fans were happy to see him go to Arizona after seeing the giant step back the D took going from McD to Wilks. When he was under consideration for that gig it was kind of a running joke about Arizona taking someone that wasn't qualified to do his current job let alone a promotion. 

• Pie 4

If this team can't find a better candidate than Wilks I'm seriously considering my fandom of this team and just selling out to fantasy football. I'm just so over poor HCs and mediocrity that comes with it. Wilks would just be another failure for tepper. Albeit a much cheaper one. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

Wilks is an ordinary coach nothing special HC needs to be treated like QBs were not gonna win poo until we find an elite one 

He's not even ordinary. He's not qualified. He hasn't even been a DC for more than a year and HC talk about him just shows how bad Tepper is as an owner. He's the equivalent of Mike Singletary or Jim Tomsula. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Tbe said:

I fear Tepper will go with a ‘safe’ option to avoid another embarrassment.

This. And as much as I would like to see us bring in a consultant to help with this process I just don't see Tepper letting anyone tell him who he should hire. Guess all we can do is hope for the best.