• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Weapons

DaveThePanther2008

This team is in dire need of some offensive weapons.  Our TE's can't block, and they can't get open and if they do, they don't catch the ball.  We have one receiver we can count on to catch the ball consistently. 

Pittsburgh played man to man most of the game and we have NO one other than Moore step up.  Marshall is sporadic, Smith is hit or miss, Shenault a RB playing WR, he can barely catch a cold.  

I understand that we need a QB but, if we don't get the one we want we need to address our need for offensive weapons.  The last thing we need to do is reach for a QB when there is a stud TE or WR sitting there at our pick. 

• Pie 5

On the contrary, I think once we have a new QB and OC/HC we’ll see our current weapons are plenty. We could use a decent TE, but DJ is a stud, Marshall is turning into a stud before our very eyes these past few games but he’s still very young. Shenault is great with the ball in his hands but we never give him anything except those gd screens every other drive. If we just run him on some crossing routes and quick hitters I think he would be deadly in that role. I know he got a pass thrown his way today but I don’t recall it being a bad play on his part, can’t remember if it was a bad throw or what. Shi is a disappointment so far but he’s also young. 

Tldr: plenty of teams do more with much less. It’s scheme, play calling and QB. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

On the contrary, I think once we have a new QB and OC/HC we’ll see our current weapons are plenty. We could use a decent TE, but DJ is a stud, Marshall is turning into a stud before our very eyes these past few games but he’s still very young. Shenault is great with the ball in his hands but we never give him anything except those gd screens every other drive. If we just run him on some crossing routes and quick hitters I think he would be deadly in that role. I know he got a pass thrown his way today but I don’t recall it being a bad play on his part, can’t remember if it was a bad throw or what. Shi is a disappointment so far but he’s also young. 

Tldr: plenty of teams do more with much less. It’s scheme, play calling and QB. 

Other than Moore none of these guys can get open.  Pittsburgh went man to man.  Any receiver worth his salt should be able to beat one on one. I give you Marshall is young and improving but we need a lights out WR.  

I watched part of the Miami game on Saturday.  Did you see Waddle's TD.  Once he caught the ball it was game over.  He went into overdrive and left all the DBs in the dust.  It had me laughing because he made the CBs look like linemen and just walked away from them.  We need someone like that.

I love DJ Moore.  But IMO, he's a #2 WR.  If you get him a WR like Q. Johnson he becomes a terror to defenses.  Without a guy like him.  DJ gets his numbers but not nearly what it could be. 

OC more than QB.  I love the ground and pound football, when it works, but we must have an offensive mind that can counter a defense that we played today.  If you take away our running game and try to one on one us, you'll pay dearly. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Aussie Tank said:

Marshall was wide open for a tuddy Sam under threw it. But we do need to upgrade RB TE and Shi. But biggest issue is no one is being schemed open. I’m starting to really want Stroud he has them sideline throws on a string 

Currently at #8 Stroud is probably 99.5% out of the equation.