• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Protect the Bank? More like Sell the Bank. The Panthers are 15-25 at home since Tepper bought the team.

hepcat

3 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Trending trash, maybe. But it’s not like John Fox and Ron Rivera inherited ideal situations either. Fox inherited a 1-15 team and Rivera inherited a 2-14 team. Rhule by contrast inherited a team that was 2 seasons removed from a playoff appearance. 

Dude, this team was circling the bowl when he bought the team. It's still a steaming pile of turds and doesn't look to change anytime soon. It starts at the top.

The only move that he's made that I've liked since he got here was remedying his largest F up from before...firing Rhule.

Somehow almost every single decision he's made has been the wrong one.

I've often said that I'd rather gather up 100 random people to lead this country vs. the politicians that we have in place...I feel the same about the owner of the Panthers.

IMO, you could take just about any person on this Earth that has watched or played football ever in their life, make them the owner of the Panthers and they couldn't have F'd up any worse than Tepper has so far.

That's hard to accomplish, and he was a minority owner in the past...

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

39 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Trending trash, maybe. But it’s not like John Fox and Ron Rivera inherited ideal situations either. Fox inherited a 1-15 team and Rivera inherited a 2-14 team. Rhule by contrast inherited a team that was 2 seasons removed from a playoff appearance. 

NOT defending Rhule here, but the team he inherited wasn't 2 seasons removed from a playoff appearance. Pretty much all of our core players from 2017 were gone/done by the time Rhule got here. Cam, Olsen, TD, Luke, Peppers, KK, Star, CJ, Bradberry, Kalil, Turner, Norwell, Stewart

4 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Dude, this team was circling the bowl when he bought the team. It's still a steaming pile of turds and doesn't look to change anytime soon. It starts at the top.

Would you say the roster was in better shape in 2001 and 2010?

There were almost the same amount of assets on the roster in 2019 as there is now! The defense is marginally more talented but it's really the same!

3 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Would you say the roster was in better shape in 2001 and 2010?

There were almost the same amount of assets on the roster in 2019 as there is now! The defense is marginally more talented but it's really the same!

Different teams under different circumstances.  I do not remember all of the circumstances that led to those past teams demise.

The measuring stick is your opposition this season.  We do not measure up. We have a few pieces sure. And I do mean few. One critical piece is still illusive and not looking to magically appear anytime soon. Theres just not talent enough to crawl out of the nfl cellar. That doesn't even take into account the coaching disadvantage we have to overcome.

But like every season the team will be different next season. Will they measure up or will they need more talent.  I think you know the answer.