• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Attacking “glass half full” posters after a loss…

Wundrbread33

5 hours ago, Snake said:

It's pretty laughable that we are even still in contention for the playoffs. The entire NFC South needs to do better because a team that fired it's head coach and hasn't been on a hot streak in December shouldn't be here. No matter who wins the division they have zero chance of advancing to the SB. It's not because I'm negative I see that. It's because it's just we are a terrible division. It's almost a punishment at this point. 

Look, I’m not saying we are the best team ever, or we would be anything more than an instant out in the playoffs. We don’t deserve to be in the situation we are in now, but here we are! As a fan imo you should always root for your team every time they take the field…. Because you play to win the game! 

I consider any season we make the playoffs a good season, if we make the playoffs I’d actually be pretty stoked about the results this year, final record for regular season doesn’t matter, all that matters is if you get invited to the dance!(playoffs!)

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

Look, I’m not saying we are the best team ever, or we would be anything more than an instant out in the playoffs. We don’t deserve to be in the situation we are in now, but here we are! As a fan imo you should always root for your team every time they take the field…. Because you play to win the game! 

I consider any season we make the playoffs a good season, if we make the playoffs I’d actually be pretty stoked about the results this year, final record for regular season doesn’t matter, all that matters is if you get invited to the dance!(playoffs!)

There are usually 2 goals to start a season. Win your division and win the Super  Bowl. We are, somehow, still alive for both of those. What fan wouldn't be excited for the possibilities? 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

10 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

There are usually 2 goals to start a season. Win your division and win the Super  Bowl. We are, somehow, still alive for both of those. What fan wouldn't be excited for the possibilities? 

Winning this division isn't an accomplishment. Being the first team to go to the playoffs twice with a losing record isnt something to brag about. And we aren't going to the Super Bowl. We couldn't beat turnover machine Mitch Trubisky at home. They didn't even bother to show up for the most important game this season to date. You think this defense is shutting down Philly, Buffalo or KC? Getting curb stomped at home following a 6-11 season is nothing to get excited about. Moral victories don't fuging matter. 

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, SmokinwithWilly said:

Winning this division isn't an accomplishment. Being the first team to go to the playoffs twice with a losing record isnt something to brag about. And we aren't going to the Super Bowl. We couldn't beat turnover machine Mitch Trubisky at home. They didn't even bother to show up for the most important game this season to date. You think this defense is shutting down Philly, Buffalo or KC? Getting curb stomped at home following a 6-11 season is nothing to get excited about. Moral victories don't fuging matter. 

You may be right, but that does not diminish my point. Teams usually have 2 goals. Win the Division and win the Super Bowl. Not sure why you even quoted me? 

Also, a lot of ppl saying that even if we do make the Playoffs we are going to be "Curbed Stomped" by some random Wild Card. Like it's some forgone conclusion. Must be nice to have the confidence to speak in absolutes.

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, Gerry Green said:

You may be right, but that does not diminish my point. Teams usually have 2 goals. Win the Division and win the Super Bowl. Not sure why you even quoted me? 

Also, a lot of ppl saying that even if we do make the Playoffs we are going to be "Curbed Stomped" by some random Wild Card. Like it's some forgone conclusion. Must be nice to have the confidence to speak in absolutes.

Because winning the division with a losing record in a terrible division isn't winning anything. That's like saying you won the race because you slid the farthest when everyone crashed. The only win vs a winning team is the Seahawks who are now at .500 and boast one of the NFLs worst defenses. What teams do you seriously think the Panthers beat to get to the NFCCG and the SB. Current odds are +40000 for the Panthers for a SB win. Good time to go put down a bet to win it all if you're that confident they won't get curb Stomped in the playoffs. 

21 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Because winning the division with a losing record in a terrible division isn't winning anything. That's like saying you won the race because you slid the farthest when everyone crashed. The only win vs a winning team is the Seahawks who are now at .500 and boast one of the NFLs worst defenses. What teams do you seriously think the Panthers beat to get to the NFCCG and the SB. Current odds are +40000 for the Panthers for a SB win. Good time to go put down a bet to win it all if you're that confident they won't get curb Stomped in the playoffs. 

First, I never said we deserved to win the division.

I also never said we were going to win the SuperB owl.

I said "Teams have 2 goals at the start of the season. Win the division, and win the SuperB owl. And we are still on target". Simple and plain.

If you want an honest debate, please don't put words in my mouth.

Edited by Gerry Green
  • Poo 1

At seasons end, there are 31 unhappy teams and one winner.

One of the few firm rules combines both the tankers and super bowl fans. Win until you are playoff eliminated. PERIOD. Once that happens, lose all you can. Any can happen in the playoffs- including a newly expansion team upsetting the SB team form the year before in the PLAYOFFs. WTF is with the tankers wanting to lose week 1, holy lee fucck get help...

It's that simple.  

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

42 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

I said "Teams have 2 goals at the start of the season. Win the division, and win the SuperB owl. And we are still on target". Simple and plain.

Do you call what the Panthers are doing "winning the division"? 

I sure as hell don't. The goal is to win games which we are not doing. We can't even beat the teams we should.  We are not on our way to winning a SB. We are going to get embarrassed and hurt our future in the process. 

You can say we're on track to accomplish the goal of winning the division and winning a Super Bowl, but are we really? From everything I'm seeing, the answer is a resounding no. 

43 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

You deserve to be a miserable football fan for saying Superb Owl

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Do you call what the Panthers are doing "winning the division"? 

I sure as hell don't. The goal is to win games which we are not doing. We can't even beat the teams we should.  We are not on our way to winning a SB. We are going to get embarrassed and hurt our future in the process. 

You can say we're on track to accomplish the goal of winning the division and winning a Super Bowl, but are we really? From everything I'm seeing, the answer is a resounding no. 

Do you not agree that teams usually have2 goals to start the year? One is to win the division, and the other is to win the SuperB owl?

That's fine. Write history now. I on the other hand would like to see how this all plays out. 

There are a lot of you guys on here. You've written the history in your head, and you want others to go along. 

There is nothing in the past, nor the future where it is written this team cannot be successful.

It probably won't be.  At least not this year. But can we at least let it play out?

All this from an innocent statement? 

• Poo 1

I can see both sides. I like to win any game we can, but I also see how that might not be good long term. What I wouldn’t to have Herbert at QB…

But it is really weird when a supporter of a team takes a loss and rubs it in the face of another supporter of the same team.

• Pie 1