• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Bowl Games

jayboogieman

4 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Iowa vs Kentucky is also happening now on ABC in the Music City Bowl. Levis is sitting this one out.

I don't blame him but I'm not sold on the least on him. I can't be convinced that spending a high 1st rounder on pure raw talent that will be 24 when he puts on an NFL jersey is a good idea. We aren't talking about a 20 or 21 year old here. We're talking about a guy who will be the age of a typical 2nd or 3rd year NFL player. When you consider that, the shine wears off Levis very quickly IMO.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't blame him but I'm not sold on the least on him. I can't be convinced that spending a high 1st rounder on pure raw talent that will be 24 when he puts on an NFL jersey is a good idea. We aren't talking about a 20 or 21 year old here. We're talking about a guy who will be the age of a typical 2nd or 3rd year NFL player. When you consider that, the shine wears off Levis very quickly IMO.

I wouldn't take Levis in the first round if I was a GM unless it was one of the last 2-3 picks. He just doesn't strike me as an NFL QB.  If the choice was him or Richardson, I hope the Panthers swing for the fences and go Richardson.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I wouldn't take Levis in the first round if I was a GM unless it was one of the last 2-3 picks. He just doesn't strike me as an NFL QB.  If the choice was him or Richardson, I hope the Panthers swing for the fences and go Richardson.

Absolutely agreed. Maybe I'm wrong and Levis will be great and he was just held back by an subpar situation at Kentucky. Completely possible.

But yeah, I see a superior physical talent in Richardson who is significantly younger and who was also on a subpar situation at Florida. I don't even think it's close between the two unless interviews determine there's a wide gap that isn't evident from the play on the field.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I see a superior physical talent in Richardson who is significantly younger and who was also on a subpar situation at Florida. I don't even think it's close between the two unless interviews determine there's a wide gap that isn't evident from the play on the field.

I'd much rather go with the younger talent even if the rest is equal since you'd have him longer unless injuries derail his career. I've never seen an interview with Richardson, but his teammates seemed to love him and as you've stated before, fans don't get any info from the draft process interviews.

3 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I'd much rather go with the younger talent even if the rest is equal since you'd have him longer unless injuries derail his career. I've never seen an interview with Richardson, but his teammates seemed to love him and as you've stated before, fans don't get any info from the draft process interviews.

I've seen some interviews. He's no Peyton Manning but he doesn't seem like a moron either.

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Vaughn is one tiny dude compared to the other players. He would still make a decent late round pick and part of a RB stable in the NFL.

Curious to see how he translates. Darren Sproles and MJD did just fine. You could consider a guy like Danny Woodhead too.

I do think he has to get up to at least 185 or so.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Curious to see how he translates. Darren Sproles and MJD did just fine. You could consider a guy like Danny Woodhead too.

I do think he has to get up to at least 185 or so.

It would probably be his second NFL season before he added the needed muscle unless he really hits the gym this offseason.