• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Bowl Games

jayboogieman

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If it wasn't for pass interference Clemson wouldn't be moving the ball at all.

They gotta change this bullshit where receivers can just try to maul their way through a DB in good position on badly underthrow balls and get automatic flags.

Yeah, but if the DB had turned his head just a fraction, they might not have thrown the flag. And yeah, I know that's a hard thing to ask them to do.

6 minutes ago, panfanman said:

I'll sure be glad when they expand the playoffs to 12 teams.  I'm hoping it brings some better parity amongst more programs.  It should also make post season more watchable when fewer draft bound players opt out.

12 feels like a good number. You're always going to have teams complaining of being snubbed no matter how many teams you have in. We still see teams complaining about in the basketball tourney. Sorry, if you can't make a tourney of 68 you have zero shot to win it. I honestly feel like it's the same story with 12 in football. 

4 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

The Vols are having their way with Clemson other than the PI calls.

I feel like the enshrining of Klubnik into the HOF was a bit premature. Folks got a little carried away and forgot it was against a D that has been lit up by every backup QB they faced all year. I mean like a Christmas tree.

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

12 feels like a good number. You're always going to have teams complaining of being snubbed no matter how many teams you have in. We still see teams complaining about in the basketball tourney. Sorry, if you can't make a tourney of 68 you have zero shot to win it. I honestly feel like it's the same story with 12 in football. 

Probably right with 12 but I'd be ok with 16 and forget the byes.  If they really wanted to bring parity, scrap and reorganize the conferences and feed the playoffs in the same manner as the PROs.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I feel like the enshrining of Klubnik into the HOF was a bit premature. Folks got a little carried away and forgot it was against a D that has been lit up by every backup QB they faced all year. I mean like a Christmas tree.

Klubnik being better than DJ had something to do with it too. But that was a low bar for him to cross.