• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Bowl Games

jayboogieman

39 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Yet to be bowl eligible, you need to be above .500.  Not something you can say about the NFL playoff system.

Above .500 usually means beating roughly 3 P5 teams. You gotta be terrible. In an NFL type system where those teams would be playing nothing but P5 teams those .500 teams would be significantly underwater.

1 hour ago, cookinbrak said:

NC Central beat the Dijon Sanders today. That was good.

Last time I looked Jackson State were 16ish point favorites.  NCCU pushed their defense around and it kind of seemed like the refs were favoring the Tigers tbh.  They got away with a blatant late hit on Richard that might have been game changing if it was called.

• Pie 2

29 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

Last time I looked Jackson State were 16ish point favorites.  NCCU pushed their defense around and it kind of seemed like the refs were favoring the Tigers tbh.  They got away with a blatant late hit on Richard that might have been game changing if it was called.

Deion, JSU, and the rest of the SWAC don’t match up well against MEAC teams and their line play. 

I didn’t know Central would win, but I knew they weren’t going to be dominated like Deion was saying all week. Honestly, Central dominated and the refs kept JSU in the game. It hurt, but I was rooting for NCCU.

1 hour ago, Varking said:

To be clear, Florida can’t do anything offensively without Richardson out there right now. This is getting ugly. His stock goes up by not playing and showing how poor we are without him. 

His stock goes up by bailing on his teammates? UF was 6-6 and terrible w/ Richardson. They would have lost with him too, but i can't blame him for sitting out. More film of his throwing with a 49% completion rate isn't going to help his draft stock.  Bryce Young is going to play in his bowl.

7 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

His stock goes up by bailing on his teammates? UF was 6-6 and terrible w/ Richardson. They would have lost with him too, but i can't blame him for sitting out. More film of his throwing with a 49% completion rate isn't going to help his draft stock.  Bryce Young is going to play in his bowl.

poo take. We were 6-6 with him, yes. We looked horrific without him. Like Kansas/Colorado bad over the last ten years. So yes, his stock went up. Most guys don’t lose draft stock not playing in bowl games. Young can’t help his stick even by playing. He’s the first QB off the board.