• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Latest draft position. All rds

raleigh-panther

2 hours ago, Cullenator said:

And my question stands unanswered.  Unless your point is that its all a crap shoot and we can all claim we have a system for picking power-ball numbers that is superior to everyone else's while still not hitting the jackpot.

Here is a message board rando claiming the Panthers are prone to bad picks and he is smarter.

I'm not saying he isn't, I just want some bona fides.

Well that’s a cartoonish version of what I said but the mental part of players is a lot of luck. 

I was speaking generally that just because someone had a scouting/evaluation job doesn't equal to them being great at scouting/evaluation though. There very well may be people here with a better eye for talent, but not the network, experience, and career orientation required to get one of those jobs. 

Now, specifically the poster you were first talking to? I don’t know poo about them, and that isn’t my battle to fight. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Cullenator said:

When it comes to draft picks why should I trust you over guys who's whole career it is to study, evaluate, and advise the GM/HC as to who to take when?

You mean the guys that said to trade Teddy, give up picks for Darnold, and give up picks for Mayfield? Hendon Hooker's completion % vs. top 25 is 69.7. QB picks are a crap shoot and more likely to bust than be stars.

2 hours ago, Wolfcop said:

Now do Josh Allen in college. 

Anthony Richardson is obviously Josh Allen. You win. And comparing Josh Allen with Wyoming talent against the top 25 vs. Anthony Richardson with Florida talent against the top 25 is pretty unfair. We are going to pick outside of the quality qb picks. Taking a qb with our 1 will be a real reach and a Rhule type desperation move.

8 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

You mean the guys that said to trade Teddy, give up picks for Darnold, and give up picks for Mayfield? Hendon Hooker's completion % vs. top 25 is 69.7. QB picks are a crap shoot and more likely to bust than be stars.

Yeah.

You appear to have the luxury of critiquing with hindsight. 

What sure fire, no miss, guaranteed predictions do you have for the 2023 season? 

And are you willing to put your house up on those predictions?

edit:

Im willing to believe you.  But you have to understand youre coming off as just another armchair GM

Edited by Cullenator

1 hour ago, rebelrouser said:

Anthony Richardson is obviously Josh Allen. You win. And comparing Josh Allen with Wyoming talent against the top 25 vs. Anthony Richardson with Florida talent against the top 25 is pretty unfair. We are going to pick outside of the quality qb picks. Taking a qb with our 1 will be a real reach and a Rhule type desperation move.

Sorry, but those Florida WRs are trash and the OL didn't impress me when I watched them. AR15 has some nice potential. Doesn't mean he will necessarily realize it, but the talent is obvious.