• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Latest draft position. All rds

raleigh-panther

By the time the Panthers go on the clock in the 1st rd. of the 2023 NFL Draft, top rated QB's Bryce Young, C.J. Stroud and Will Levis will probably already have been selected.

The good news is that QB Tanner McKee and Anthony Richardson could still be there and of the 2, my choice would be Anthony Richardson who seems to have a higher upside of untapped talent.

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

By the time the Panthers go on the clock in the 1st rd. of the 2023 NFL Draft, top rated QB's Bryce Young, C.J. Stroud and Will Levis will probably already have been selected.

The good news is that QB Tanner McKee and Anthony Richardson could still be there and of the 2, my choice would be Anthony Richardson who seems to have a higher upside of untapped talent.

Taking future bust Anthony Richardson in the first round would be such a Panther's pick. I guess I am the only one on here that watches any college football at all. His completion percentage vs. AP top 25 teams is 49.1.  

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

28 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Taking future bust Anthony Richardson in the first round would be such a Panther's pick. I guess I am the only one on here that watches any college football at all. His completion percentage vs. AP top 25 teams is 49.1.  

Serious question.

When it comes to draft picks why should I trust you over guys who's whole career it is to study, evaluate, and advise the GM/HC as to who to take when?

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 3

33 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Now do Josh Allen in college. 

• Pie 2

Just now, Cullenator said:

Serious question.

When it comes to draft picks why should I trust you over guys who's whole career it is to study, evaluate, and advise the GM/HC as to who to take when?

Because they draft busts all the time. 

The most important factor for success at this level is something intangible that is impossible to evaluate: 

The mentality of these young men now, and over the course of their playing careers.

These are people with millions of variables that influence them in their day to day life. It’s impossible to predict how they turn out, and it is more luck than anything. 

You have to draft based on athletic traits and get a feel for their personality/mentality, support them through coaching, and hope for the best, because the rest is out of the Gm/scout/coaches hands.

It’s not a slam dunk appealing to authority when the topic is so subjective. 

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Because they draft busts all the time. 

The most important factor for success at this level is something intangible that is impossible to evaluate: 

The mentality of these young men now, and over the course of their playing careers.

These are people with millions of variables that influence them in their day to day life. It’s impossible to predict how they turn out, and it is more luck than anything. 

You have to draft based on athletic traits and get a feel for their personality/mentality, support them through coaching, and hope for the best, because the rest is out of the Gm/scout/coaches hands.

And my question stands unanswered.  Unless your point is that its all a crap shoot and we can all claim we have a system for picking power-ball numbers that is superior to everyone else's while still not hitting the jackpot.

Here is a message board rando claiming the Panthers are prone to bad picks and he is smarter.

I'm not saying he isn't, I just want some bona fides.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Ding.  Ding.  Ding.  We have a winner!

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Sam the Cat said:

Apples and oranges...Josh Allen played for and with nobodies.  Without him his college team would be one of the worst...Richardson in the other hand played on the top 25 roster.

Regardless of what you may think of Florida QB Anthony Richardson, I will be surprised if he doesn't get drafted in the 1st rd and earlier than some expect.

2 hours ago, bythenbrs said:

Ding.  Ding.  Ding.  We have a winner!

Yeah I think that’s as close as it gets. Even the best coaches coach busts. The mental part and personality is so important. 

But a great coaching staff most certainly would result in less busts, at least in theory.

I mean we already are seeing that transitioning from Rhule to Wilks.